Cadets 2017

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Yay, '94 made it onto the list.  Usually we are kind of a forgotten year in Cadets History. Also, 1990 is very underappreciated by history IMHO!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Yay, '94 made it onto the list.  Usually we are kind of a forgotten year in Cadets History. Also, 1990 is very underappreciated by history IMHO!

1994 was a very artistic presentation. Not lots of drill but more interesting staging. Guard did lots of dancing vs equipment work. Very ahead of its time. BD got all the accolades when they did that many years later. Once again, Cadets bulldozed by the judging community. 

11 hours ago, Tobias said:

But honestly Cadets needed a shot of adrenaline. With that amazingly stocked vet corps in 2015, to only muster 4th place, that was a huge sign it was time to change. Same with Crown. That stale show last year was another warning sign to make changes. Worse Crown show ever for me. Clean but what a yawn fest. 

The problem is most of us thought that "shot of adrenaline" was what they got last year (well, we thought that prior to the season starting; albeit some of us continued that thought up until they changed uniforms) and clearly the result was not what we hoped for. So personally, I cannot get too excited about this year's "shot of adrenaline" primarily because I do not necessarily know much about the new staff (other than Aungst, which I'm sure the drumline won't be too bad based on his experience).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

The problem is most of us thought that "shot of adrenaline" was what they got last year (well, we thought that prior to the season starting; albeit some of us continued that thought up until they changed uniforms) and clearly the result was not what we hoped for. So personally, I cannot get too excited about this year's "shot of adrenaline" primarily because I do not necessarily know much about the new staff (other than Aungst, which I'm sure the drumline won't be too bad based on his experience).

I'm optimistic that this years' Cadets will have more energy. Call me crazy but I found Bocook's arrangements to be getting very stale, I'm excited to see some new blood in the corps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Won't be too bad? LOL! I agree. They will definitely not be bad.

I'm a bit more optimistic than you in regard to anticipation for the new team. All my sources (who shall remain anonymous) tell me they're hungry. Hungry is good, and I don't see the missteps from last year rearing their ugly heads this year. Certainly, the Cadets will not screw up Bernstein, right? :)

12 minutes ago, wallace said:

. Certainly, the Cadets will not screw up Bernstein, right? :)

They never have before... so its hard to imagine they will now. The 8 person choir that the Cadets will have for the 2017 production could make the music of Bernstein's " Mass " one of the Cadets best offerings ever from the Cadets of Bernstein's" Mass ".  I know some fans do not like singing in Drum Corps shows. But I have seen it utilized effectively before in Drum Corps. I can easily imagine this years Cadets production becoming far more accessible and favorably received by audiences this summer than others might expect. I'm looking forward to the Cadets show this season.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, wallace said:

Won't be too bad? LOL! I agree. They will definitely not be bad.

I'm a bit more optimistic than you in regard to anticipation for the new team. All my sources (who shall remain anonymous) tell me they're hungry. Hungry is good, and I don't see the missteps from last year rearing their ugly heads this year. Certainly, the Cadets will not screw up Bernstein, right? :)

That's just my keeping my "optimism" about the drumline in check. And while I am happy to hear they're "hungry", hunger doesn't always transfer to great results, especially if their competitors are just as hungry.

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

They were thin in the visual design catagory but beefed that up a lot. The guys that were responsible for the 2nd place guard from 2014 are back along with last year's group. Also Craig Sellers is heading up cleaning. He arrived the latter half of July and really helped clean up the drill which was taught to them in mid July. Should be a much better constructed and performed show. 

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I'm optimistic that this years' Cadets will have more energy. Call me crazy but I found Bocook's arrangements to be getting very stale, I'm excited to see some new blood in the corps. 

Personally I felt Bocook's books were falling behind Kleish's arranging. Glad they made that change too. I only regret Jeff Sacktig leaving. Colin, Gino... replaceable. 

• Like 1