Cadets 2017

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Your review of the evening, especially details, will still be appreciated. Let us know if you are frisked.

I'll definitely post details after I get home.  I was here for ensemble this afternoon.  Really liked most of what I saw and heard.  Percussion is especially great!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

I'm sitting here in Johnstown, waiting for the corps to eat and come back to the stadium for the community performance at 7:30.  Around 30 people here so far.  Signs are posted everywhere:  "Please, No Photos, Videos, or Audio Recording during the performance.  Thank you."  So I guess I brought my camera for nothing!!

Just because they say so doesn't make it so. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eleran said:

No, it's related to musical decisions, not how people are treated (though in a way it's a metaphorical slap in the face to the musicians).

Sounds like loud electronics. Can be remedied but big issue for many corps. 

42 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

They requested no posting of any video or  audio on social media 

They can't mean us? Maybe other people...

• Like 2

Anyone check GHFb or corps instagram?  Unusual that two hours later no comments. Usually a "big crowd enjoyed it" or "still working out a few kinks" or "weather held off nicely, now on to Ada" type comments.

Maybe the other George is checking with Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway to see what can be said and not said. Then again they may all be watching Nashville dump on Crosby and birds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Sounds like loud electronics. Can be remedied but big issue for many corps. 

As long as it isn't 2009 SCV or 2010 Cadets bad, I'm usually not bothered by electronic goo haha

44 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Anyone check GHFb or corps instagram?  Unusual that two hours later no comments. Usually a "big crowd enjoyed it" or "still working out a few kinks" or "weather held off nicely, now on to Ada" type comments.

Maybe the other George is checking with Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway to see what can be said and not said. Then again they may all be watching Nashville dump on Crosby and birds.

Hopkins wasn't there. He was with C2 as all the other powers that be were in Johnstown. 

And your second paragraph makes zero sense. Just an FYI 

Edited by George Dixon