Cadets 2017

44 minutes ago, Tobias said:

You'll know they're Cadets by the movement, technique which is fairly traditional (when they get clean down the road) but as a production, it just really works. There's a beauty there in part 1. I really think if they work hard, it will be something very special.

Define "special" :)

That could be many many things...

21 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

• a show which members, alums, and audience can be proud and enjoy
  • a show that will be respected by the Lincoln Center crowd and Bernstein family
  • a show that melds several variant musical styles in the same production compared to a show which is this style or that
  • a modern show which yet respects tradition and corps history
  • a show risking exposure, demand, and accessibility while still stretching excellence to a higher level.
  • a show whose symphonic sound is as full as Klesch/Prime, Pitts or JD Shaw but is different from each of these 
  • a show whose subcomponents still tie into the whole and have a logical, aesthetical flow
  • a show which allows each caption section some time to be featured while not seeming chaotic or disjointed
  • a show that is different from '83, is still very faithful to the source music, doesn't drum corpsize respected music yet presents a different approach to be appreciated on its own. 
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:
  • a show which members, alums, and audience can be proud and enjoy
  • a show that will be respected by the Lincoln Center crowd and Bernstein family
  • a show that melds several variant musical styles in the same production compared to a show which is this style or that
  • a modern show which yet respects tradition and corps history
  • a show risking exposure, demand, and accessibility while still stretching excellence to a higher level.
  • a show whose symphonic sound is as full as Klesch/Prime, Pitts or JD Shaw but is different from each of these 
  • a show whose subcomponents still tie into the whole and have a logical, aesthetical flow
  • a show which allows each caption section some time to be featured while not seeming chaotic or disjointed
  • a show that is different from '83, is still very faithful to the source music, doesn't drum corpsize respected music yet presents a different approach to be appreciated on its own. 

Change my water into wine. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

It's Cadets pushing into new territory yet connected to the past. The show is big in construct. Expansive field coverage, a flow to their movement, very nice staging with some "great" visual and musical moments already. It looks like they're in week two of ST so once the entire thing is out there and learning transforms to performing, if they all grow into their character, it will be "special". Has a very 2011 feel to it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Change my water into wine. 

I think that's done in part 3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I thought that part was walk across my swimming pool? :laughing:

that's in the July re-writes but we're saving it for championship week..

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2