Cadets 2017

Just now, fsthnds said:

Also mentioned he was in talks with Dan Acheson about doing a west coast tour next year and DATR

I think that was actually their plan for 2017, but DCI talked them into staying East this year.

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

Spending a huge amount of time to get singers and narrators to "work" costs.

This is true, but you'll note that BD won with a "special guest" two years ago and Crown/Boston don't seem to be struggling to get their singers to work this year. It could be that the problem is not having these things, it's knowing how to best use them. 

1 hour ago, Just Here said:

What is being said is very abstract. If GH steps down, who do you hire to do what, because from what I have gathered from the general comments. If GH goes, then winning will once again be realized.

Tom is more than qualified to be director. But not under Mr. Hopkins. Tom has to have control. You also may be surprised who may come back if Tom has control.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldcadetsop said:

To each their own. Lol staying in hotels. Wtf is that?cadets do what cadets do. BD.does what they do. The activity has become more of a business. Not that it really has not been. Wins means a bigger share of the money.I think we all need to step back and remember it's an activity for members. An experience they will never forget. I understand passion for your corps. But let's understand it's not about YOU. It's about the kids doing the activity 

hotels is becoming a thing for every corps because housing in INDy is getting scarce with school in session already

10 minutes ago, oldcadetsop said:

Tom is more than qualified to be director. But not under Mr. Hopkins. Tom has to have control. You also may be surprised who may come back if Tom has control.

is he willing to give up the day gig?

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I think if Tom has the feeling if he becomes director he can produce a quality product. Yes, I think he would choose Director. Sure he would have to give up the day gig. But I think  he would love the position. Then again I could be wrong.

I think Tom is the obvious choice. Savy, people person etc. Like I said I think if Tom takes over, the creative team can be solid. Including some that have left in the past few years.

Who else is more qualified to run the Cadets . It will be an interesting off season in Cadet land

Edited by oldcadetsop

10 minutes ago, oldcadetsop said:

I think if Tom has the feeling if he becomes director he can produce a quality product. Yes, I think he would choose Director. Sure he would have to give up the day gig. But I think  he would love the position. Then again I could be wrong.

I think Tom is the obvious choice. Savy, people person etc. Like I said I think if Tom takes over, the creative team can be solid. Including some that have left in the past few years.

Who else is more qualified to run the Cadets . It will be an interesting off season in Cadet land

first the board would have to make a tough call. Second, if Hop were to just run YEA, would he be able to stay out of Tom's way? Hop's an all or nothing guy. no way I can see him content to sit in the office in Allentown all day and not try to be involved......aka secret code for trying to run it anyway

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Would he have to? Most corps have a full time ED responsible for business management, but the creative/artistic principals usually have other gigs. The odd situation at YEA is how deeply the ED seems to be involved with the artistic decisions.