Carolina Crown 2017

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Funny stuff. Half notes and whole notes, isn't that the sneering criticism of those championship Cavies shows?  Haha. If fast won championships, Cadets would be riding a 20 year win streak. 

They were talking content, not tempo. Really unnecessary to make a left turn just to make a drive by swipe at the Cadets. And of course Cappybara "likes" it. The snarky jabs at Cadets and BD get really old. I guess it's jealousy mostly. 

I thought the clip was great, so nice to hear some 2017 fresh powerful brass sound! Sounds like Crown will have another terrific brass line!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

They were talking content, not tempo. Really unnecessary to make a left turn just to make a drive by swipe at the Cadets. And of course Cappybara "likes" it. The snarky jabs at Cadets and BD get really old. I guess it's jealousy mostly. 

I thought the clip was great, so nice to hear some 2017 fresh powerful brass sound! Sounds like Crown will have another terrific brass line!

Go snap at the one who started this by throwing shade at the half notes and whole notes. That's what I was reacting to. I will never be jealous of a product featuring 8 minutes of vocals. Frankly I thought maybe GH had finally given up on the vocals and voice. Guess not.  

15 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Don't get agitated. You know Hockeypuck comes out, bashes Cadets and then goes back into wherever he comes from.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Go snap at the one who started this by throwing shade at the half notes and whole notes. That's what I was reacting to. I will never be jealous of a product featuring 8 minutes of vocals. Frankly I thought maybe GH had finally given up on the vocals and voice. Guess not.  

Dismissing a program you haven't even seen or heard yet. Nothing like "keeping an open mind" lol - you are literally taking pot shots at a different corps similar to the pot shot you are complaining about. Pot kettle black. 

Half notes and whole notes aren't hard. Still an impressive ensemble sound as usual. Goosebumps 

Edited by Brass34
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Half notes and whole notes aren't hard. Still an impressive ensemble sound as usual. Goosebumps 

Yes very impressive and powerful ensemble sound. Incredible talent in the line and the consistency in the approach is really stellar 

2 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

I'm not really asking for "fast," in fact the run n gun philosophy is one of my least favorites is DCI. I just want a good amount of content.

Oh they're going to play a lot of notes.  That was just a taste from the beginning of the shows. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

To shift the conversation yet again, can anybody possibly know what piece it is that they're playing?

Sounds like some Toccata and Fugue from the ol' Bach to me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

And of course Cappybara "likes" it. The snarky jabs at Cadets and BD get really old. I guess it's jealousy mostly. 

You guess wrong, my friend.