Carolina Crown 2017

Just watched it, and outside of the ballad, I actually quite liked it. The classic Crown brass sound is there, of course, and the percussion is very strong as well. Guard is a bit rough around the edges, especially after the major staff change, but I'm sure they'll rise to the challenge.

The only thing I would do with the ballad is remove the singing after the first chorus. That's really it. The singer is an effective addition to the closer, by the way.

And unlike what others see, I can actually understand the visual "deconstruction" going on, especially with the white poles, which I guess are supposed to blend with the yardlines. I bet we're going to see a LOT more layering in the weeks to come. I always think of the DCI season as having two halves: The first half has more of a performance focus, and the second half has more of a design focus. So far, Crown is playing the game right by displaying their prowess in execution. I'm excited to see how this product evolves!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dmiggles said:

Geesh. Jim Coates specifically asked not to post your videos until after the preview show. Show some respect. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Relics said:

Geesh. Jim Coates specifically asked not to post your videos until after the preview show. Show some respect. 

########.

Crown is moving into new territory and great for them. Each corps must evolve otherwise you stagnate and start slipping in ranks. RIGHT NOW, the show is not as strong as the some of its parts (captions are solid) BUT, if they can perform like this in ST, they have plenty of opportunity later to add clarity to the show. I have no idea what it's about but that Brass plays and moves well and the guard didn't miss a beat losing its caption head and half its members to another corps. In the past 2007-2015, I loved Crown after one viewing. This show will hopefully grow on me as they clarify.