Carolina Crown 2017

Post of the thread. You can't say "Cadets weren't 6th in music" unless you were on the football field with the judge.

I’d say 6th in music was about right but I was 10 rows off the field for finals night, where did you sit?

In DeKalb, I would have had them 3rd in music

Their brass was rather undisciplined at finals; pit wasn’t great, a bit boomy on the bass at the expense of the rest of the ensemble. Hard to judge battery in LOS but on an exposed phrase when the came forward, again, undisciplined. They weren’t the same corps in August that they were in June and July

Sad to see both Herbert and Kylee go. I'm assuming this means the rest of the instructional staff is not returning.

With that being said, I'm dying for Crown to start making announcements. I'm ready to see the new team!

I am too. Crown's visual program, while being excellent, has had a certain sameness about it since 2013. I am hoping for something new and fresh for 2017.

• Like 1

I am too. Crown's visual program, while being excellent, has had a certain sameness about it since 2013. I am hoping for something new and fresh for 2017.

I really think in that regard they could actually come out ahead depending on who replaces Leon.

Guard staff, that'll be tough to replace. As of now they were the best of the best. We shall see.

• Like 1

Carolina Crown had their own unique marching style that was developed under the May/ Potter/ Townshend several years tenures...and it was noted for, among several things, the signature body movements with their brass line. The new Visual staff that will come in for Crown will now be able to change this up and put their own unique style together that will redefine Carolina Crown's Visuals/ Guard to the new staffs making. That could be very exciting to watch unfold, as nobody knows the heights the new staff and their new marchers might be able to achieve under new instruction. I'm looking forward to seeing who the replacements are in Visuals/ Guard at Crown this off season, and to what they have in store for us in 2017. If nothing else, I'm pretty sure that I am going to like Michael Klesch 2017 music at Crown ( and also Academy ).

Edited by BRASSO