Carolina Crown 2017

So with the Visual/Guard staff gone and now Tom Aungst back with The Cadets, any thoughts who the replacements will be. I think that they should bring in my boy John Mapes and Ian Grom along with the Pulse aka Blue Stars staff. (Reckless Speculation Alert) Though I'm fearful for whatever reason that the Rennicks go back to Crown.

I really think in that regard they could actually come out ahead depending on who replaces Leon.

Guard staff, that'll be tough to replace. As of now they were the best of the best. We shall see.

Crown will go into a rebuilding year as Cadets did last year. Regardless of who they replace, they will need to rebuild a guard program and probably percussion and visual programming. Chemistry takes time with new a new staff.
  • Like 1

This may have been mentioned already, but interesting how Matt Harloff changed his FB cover photo to the Crown Logo a few days ago. What a message.

This may have been mentioned already, but interesting how Matt Harloff changed his FB cover photo to the Crown Logo a few days ago. What a message.

I saw that. Letting everyone know where his heart is.

Matt, stay where you are. You're the best there is. Crown's brass is the best there is. You are a big part of Crown's success. Crown and Harloff. That is all!

• Like 1

I think that they should bring in my boy John Mapes and Ian Grom along with the Pulse aka Blue Stars staff.

I think Mapes, Grom, and the rest of their crew are just fine and are doing quite well where they are. :thumbup: There is no reason why corps like the Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Crossmen, etc should always have to wonder if their design teams, caption heads, etc are going to get ripped away from them every time a "G7" corps finds themselves in a situation like The Cadets, Crown, or whoever. To be honest, I'd love to see some of those corps from 7th on down give a little scare into the corps at the very top.

Edited by corps8294
  • Like 1

I think Mapes, Grom, and the rest of their crew are just fine and are doing quite well where they are. :thumbup: There is no reason why corps like the Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Crossmen, etc should always have to wonder if their design teams, caption heads, etc are going to get ripped away from them every time a "G7" corps finds themselves in a situation like The Cadets, Crown, or whoever. To be honest, I'd love to see some of those corps from 7th on down giving a little scare into the corps at the very top.

I think the first shot has been fired. ;)

• Like 3

I think Mapes, Grom, and the rest of their crew are just fine and are doing quite well where they are. :thumbup: There is no reason why corps like the Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Crossmen, etc should always have to wonder if their design teams, caption heads, etc are going to get ripped away from them every time a "G7" corps finds themselves in a situation like The Cadets, Crown, or whoever. To be honest, I'd love to see some of those corps from 7th on down giving a little scare into the corps at the very top.

Same.

:)

Same.

:)

actually not too worried about percussion. IMO young blood there is gonna be fine.

3 spots need filled:

a) program design / big picture person

b) guard equipment choreographer (if this person doesn't bring their own folks, filling out the staff with Crown vets is not a problem)

c) drill design

AFAIK the rest of the visual staff (Ron Hardin and team) are still on board

i think Crown can fill those 3 spots with top quality folks who are actually currently available and come out ahead of the game. in fact i suspect a majority of the 3 departures may have actually taken place regardless of what First National Bank of Boston did :-) only one was truly unexpected.

Edited by corpsband