Carolina Crown 2017

Going to leave this here, and if you don't subscribe to Hornline Fanatic on youtube.....Well you should! The quality of his recordings is stunning!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

Going to leave this here, and if you don't subscribe to Hornline Fanatic on youtube.....Well you should! The quality of his recordings is stunning!

This video really shows off the depth, skill, and execution that Crown has, of which is second to none.  I honestly, do not believe another corps this year as a horn book as difficult as theirs.  IMHO, the OTT is theirs to lose and its just July 1st.

• Like 2

Just now, B-Flat said:

This video really shows off the depth, skill, and execution that Crown has, of which is second to none.  I honestly, do not believe another corps this year as a horn book as difficult as theirs.  IMHO, the OTT is theirs to lose and its just July 1st.

I agree 100%. No matter if they never quite get their theme across, the OTT is theirs to lose this year. I'm most impressed by the balance they have, and that low brass is intense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

Ehh Devils are pretty killer this year too. I think these two will battle it out for brass. Should be exciting!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

I honestly, do not believe another corps this year as a horn book as difficult as theirs. 

I agree with alot of this statement.  But you have clearly not seen BD yet.

Just now, BoaDci said:

I have watched their show about 10 times, and I still standby my opinion.  I do think the BD horn book is difficult and very well executed, but Crown is a slight step above IMO.

3 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

...or Santa Clara.

I've heard all three corps, and SCV is right there with them in difficulty and achievement!

Edited by jjeffeory

Just now, B-Flat said:

I have watched their show about 10 times, and I still standby my opinion.  I do think the BD horn book is difficult and very well executed, but Crown is a slight step above IMO.

Im gonna agree to disagree, I DO think Crown is cleaner RIGHT NOW.  I also think BD and Crown will butt heads all year for the Ott.  I dont see one as a clear victor right now.

• Like 2

Just now, jjeffeory said:

,,,,or Santa Clara.

SCV and Bloo are both incredible, but I dont really think they are anywhere near BD and Crown in brass.  I know thats an unpopular opinion.  Percussion though...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

And you also realize this video is not from July 1st.  They sounded like this on June 24th!!  I can only imagine what this will sound like in August!

• Like 1