Shows Corps Should Do

Bluecoats - another concept show, I really can't see them doing a serious show, obviously they have the talent to do whatever type of show they want, but their design team has struck gold with these concept shows like "Tilt" and "Downside up" So, probably something along the lines of "The Bloo Man" showcasing their color guard men, have one color guard member dressed in solid Blue and then all the men in the color guard by the end of the show are in a Bloo army.....IDK lol as long as they showcase they insane drumline, I will be fine. and they bring back the old uniforms!!!!

Cavaliers - I'm hoping for a dark show, they seem to work really well...Mad world, Secret Society, Immortal, Propaganda, even Xtraordinary felt kind of mysterious in a way....I could see them doing a show about War, I know Madison Scouts did something similar in 13' if I'm correct so I don't know if they would do war actually....I'm really curious to see what this design team comes up with

I honestly can't think of any shows, I'm just so pumped to see what everyone comes out with next year

Pink Floyd worked for the Bluecoats, it worked as the best part of the Colts show in 2014, heck it was even a lot of fun when Cap Sound did it a while back.

eventually we have to get 'The Wall,' right?

In the Flesh to open, into 'happiest days of our lives'

another brick in the wall drum feature

Hey You or Anybody out there -> comfortably numb

show must go on/Run Like hell

The trial

that's all I want for christmas

• Like 2

Bluecoats - another concept show, I really can't see them doing a serious show, obviously they have the talent to do whatever type of show they want, but their design team has struck gold with these concept shows like "Tilt" and "Downside up" So, probably something along the lines of "The Bloo Man" showcasing their color guard men, have one color guard member dressed in solid Blue and then all the men in the color guard by the end of the show are in a Bloo army.....IDK lol as long as they showcase they insane drumline, I will be fine. and they bring back the old uniforms!!!!

Cavaliers - I'm hoping for a dark show, they seem to work really well...Mad world, Secret Society, Immortal, Propaganda, even Xtraordinary felt kind of mysterious in a way....I could see them doing a show about War, I know Madison Scouts did something similar in 13' if I'm correct so I don't know if they would do war actually....I'm really curious to see what this design team comes up with

I honestly can't think of any shows, I'm just so pumped to see what everyone comes out with next year

Bluecoats - Performing their 2017 program "unce unce: the music of deadmau5."

Cavaliers - this is should be doing the concept shows!

• Like 2

We saw a storm recreated by Blue a Devils, a western portrayed by Crown, vengeance by Genesis, a coronation by Music City, and many other shows of epic proportions, so I say we are ready for a drum corps to use the music of Miklos Rozsa and recreate "Ben Hur" on the field. I want chariot races, slaves rowing the boats, I want to feel the vengeance of the sibling rivalry, and the amazing score performed with its power and beauty.

Alright, I've got one. I was saving this until I won the lottery and started my own corps, but since Mega Millions and I don't seem to agree on the optimum numbers, I'm sharing with you fine folks and any designers that might be watching. Follow me down the rabbit hole.

• Step 1: It's the 9 minute mark in the show. We're deep in the closer, and it's jamming! Something big, jazzy, loud, lots of notes and a super catchy melody. The crowd is going wild. Babies are being thrown from the stands left and right.
  • Step 2: We're somewhere between 9.5 and 10 minutes into the show. The corps amasses into a tight block on the 50, wailing on a long chord. More babies are thrown.
  • Step 3: The note ends. Horns down. Cue four second pause to let the audience know the show is over.
  • Step 4: Center snare counts off four quarter notes. The corps high marks four counts while turning left.
  • Step 5: The corps marches toward the sideline while the center snare continues to play quarters. The show appears to be over. This continues for 24 counts.
  • Step 6: The corps halts for 2 counts, and then a quick 2 count turn to the audience. Horns go back up.
  • Step 7: Oh $#!+. The show isn't over, and the entire audience was faked out! The corps plays 8 more counts of the same chord as in Step 2. The crowd is bananas. Any babies who were spared in Steps 1 and 2 are instantly thrown.
  • Step 8: The corps marches the final 1 to 1.5 minutes of the show, reprising the main melody of the closer.

Alright designers, do what you will with this brilliant piece of show design.

Kind of like '88 blue devils?

• Like 1

Never mind that: How do you put You Tube videos into your post? :eh:

[ youtube ] (insert link here) [/ youtube ]

(Ignore the spaces. That was just so that the text wouldn't be recognized as a video.)

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

Thanks, but it's doesn't seem to want to work for me. I removed all spaces. I also tried it with, and without, the parentheses around the link. No dice, either way. :confused:

Aha: discovered that the link must be copied from the URL window, and not from the "share" utility below the video player.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman