Shows Corps Should Do

How about DCI beginning a composers contest for original works and/or arrangements scored for drum corps instrumentation. There are many annual and semi-annual contests all across the world given by orchestras, universities, concert bands and other performing ensembles.

Bluecoats - another concept show, I really can't see them doing a serious show, obviously they have the talent to do whatever type of show they want, but their design team has struck gold with these concept shows like "Tilt" and "Downside up" So, probably something along the lines of "The Bloo Man" showcasing their color guard men, have one color guard member dressed in solid Blue and then all the men in the color guard by the end of the show are in a Bloo army.....IDK lol as long as they showcase they insane drumline, I will be fine. and they bring back the old uniforms!!!!

Cavaliers - I'm hoping for a dark show, they seem to work really well...Mad world, Secret Society, Immortal, Propaganda, even Xtraordinary felt kind of mysterious in a way....I could see them doing a show about War, I know Madison Scouts did something similar in 13' if I'm correct so I don't know if they would do war actually....I'm really curious to see what this design team comes up with

I honestly can't think of any shows, I'm just so pumped to see what everyone comes out with next year

Well I had an idea for a dark show for The Cavaliers, which could be appropriate for next year if they can get back into the top 3.

It's titled: Into the Sea of Blood

It begins with Of Sailors and Whales - W. Francis McBeth. This piece is interwoven throughout the whole show.

Next we get a little Bloodbath - Grand Morbid Funeral. This would be without all the growling vocals, but musically fits the mood of the story at this point, and allows certain events transpire and move the story forward.

Continuing, we get into a little Rachmaninov: The Isle of The Dead, Symphonic poem Op. 29 - Andrew Davis

Finally we end with excerpts from North Korean Revolutionary Opera "Sea of Blood".

I know, I know, BUT it's non-familiar music; it fits the theme, and there's some good music in there. Licensing would be interesting on this one.

This would be a very creative show; there's so much material to work with... Could be fun!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Thanks, but it's doesn't seem to want to work for me. I removed all spaces. I also tried it with, and without, the parentheses around the link. No dice, either way. :confused:

Aha: discovered that the link must be copied from the URL window, and not from the "share" utility below the video player.

Try [m e d i a]URL[/m e d i a]

Take out all the double spaces in the word media

Edited by jjeffeory

My favorite of Kim Il Sung's six majestic operas...

Think the Cavies would have any difficulties getting the performance rights?

I wonder how that'd work, but it's an opera with great music, so worth thinking about...

I wonder how that'd work, but it's an opera with great music, so worth thinking about...

I'm going to go ahead and guess that it will never happen, even if somebody from North Korea tries to pay a drum corps to play a piece written by a man who killed 1 million+ of his own people.

Try [m e d i a]URL[/m e d i a]

Take out all the double spaces in the word media

testing posting URL as above > I have their CD of a live performance at University of Guelph many years ago. I enjoy their music.

edit: forgot the slash / on the end tag. I should know this. I worked with ATMS, IBM's word processor in the 80's. It also had start and end tags and perhaps preceded HTML lol

Dvorak - Songs My Mother taught Me Bin Huang violin Hyun Sun Kim piano

Edited by lindap
  • Like 1

I've had a few of these sorts of ideas floating around in my head for a while so I'll toss one of them out here.

It would be fantastic for Blue Knights, or for Phantom Regiment if you took out the Sleeping at Last piece.

...Ut Custodiant Tenebris Tolle (translation from latin is ...To Keep The Dark Away)

Mvmt I: Lux Aurumque - Whitacre/Aurora Awakes - Mackey

Mvmt II: Prometheus, The Poem of Fire - Scriabin

Mvmt III: Lead, Kindly Light - Dan Forrest

Mvmt IV: Nox Aurumque - Whitacre/In the Embers - Sleeping at Last