Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

6 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

I'm not sure if anybody's mentioned this because I'm not familiar with the thread but I've been hearing rumors the show title is "A Jagged Mind." Not sure about it though because it hasn't come from reputable sources

I saw that and a description of the uniform and prop(s) in the comments section of the most recent YouTube video DCI has posted. As you mentioned, I don't think the source is very reputable, so I'll take their word with a grain of salt until June 22.

• Like 1

Lol looks like our misinformation campaign actually worked again this year

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Not disagreeing with anything you stated above. By "Flavor of the Month" I was not speaking to their competitive successes I was referring simply in terms of fan support. 

the Bluecoats really started consistently competing for a title starting in 2014 and with TILT you noticed the new Bluecoats fan starting to emerge. I was referring more to how a winning culture provided more support. Suddenly the souvie lines got longer, more tshirts were being worn and the Facebook followers count started to rise.

In football or basketball ironically enough these are referred to as jumping on (or off) the bandwagon. While the Bluecoats have always had their fans it's not until recently that this rabid fan base has emerged. This year marks my 15th finals and 12th in a row. Not until the recent "medal years" have I noticed the quantity of Bloo fans at events or even the amount of discussion here on DCP. 

By Flavor of the Month I was simply referring to them as being the new "it" thing. Everybody loves a winner, it's when you're down that the true fan shows his colors. 

There are PLENTY of BC fans who think they will get first.  Most of them are not on DCP though.  (Lots on Reddit, YouTube and Facebook)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

But...they all had Russian accents!

I wanted to go there so badly... but didn't know if I should.

• Like 1