Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

I think they are going to be doing some really cool ideas for encore and family day stuff.  drumline was messing around with 16 snares.  Looks like fun.  The line is set now.  Brandon was not there.  Maybe dealing with college stuff??

4 hours ago, MikeZ said:

How about all original music by Gordon Goodwin??? Just a shot in the dark guess...

Z

I have been screaming this for about 4 years. I would pay triple the admission price to see that live. I hope one year they give us a GG show. Because if they did, all the people that said for BD fans to enjoy that 99.65 cause we will never see that score again would be correct, cause BD would pop a 99.80 with a GG show! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I have been screaming this for about 4 years. I would pay triple the admission price to see that live. I hope one year they give us a GG show. Because if they did, all the people that said for BD fans to enjoy that 99.65 cause we will never see that score again would be correct, cause BD would pop a 99.80 with a GG show! 

97.65;)

• Like 1

I expect BD to learn from Bluecoats and come out and do it better.  That's been their M.O. and why they are THE most competitively successful corps in the DCI era.  So if you see ramps, sampling, mixing, soloists in unexpected places, different uniform, etc. don't be at all surprised.

Just now, HockeyDad said:

I expect BD to learn from Bluecoats and come out and do it better.  That's been their M.O. and why they are THE most competitively successful corps in the DCI era.  So if you see ramps, sampling, mixing, soloists in unexpected places, different uniform, etc. don't be at all surprised.

Other than everyone basically changing their drill after what Garfield and to some extent SCV did in the early 80's, has the BD been know to copy what other corps have done?  A corps from Japan/China might.

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Other than everyone basically changing their drill after what Garfield and to some extent SCV did in the early 80's, has the BD been know to copy what other corps have done?  A corps from Japan/China might.

Copy?  They learn from others to use the tools made available to them by rule changes and apply them to their competitive advantage better than anyone else.  So, is that copying?  I wouldn't call it that.  In the past couple seasons Bluecoats have made use of synths in a way no one else has.  I expect BD to learn from that and use it to their advantage.  That's what I'm trying to say.

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I've been with you on that since finals night in 2014.  That would be not only an incredible show but an incredibly cool collaboration with an absolute legend in the jazz world.  I just listened to 2014 again for the first time in awhile and have been looping the ending over and over again.  Holy God that ending is everything I love about the Blue Devils.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flammaster said:

I think they are going to be doing some really cool ideas for encore and family day stuff.  drumline was messing around with 16 snares.  Looks like fun.  The line is set now.  Brandon was not there.  Maybe dealing with college stuff??

Yes, apparently taking the year off.

Now 4 Bluecoats vets and 2 Crown vets on the BD snareline.

37 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I've been with you on that since finals night in 2014.  That would be not only an incredible show but an incredibly cool collaboration with an absolute legend in the jazz world.  I just listened to 2014 again for the first time in awhile and have been looping the ending over and over again.  Holy God that ending is everything I love about the Blue Devils.  

Amen to that brother.

1 hour ago, Musicman1084 said:

Yes, apparently taking the year off.

Now 4 Bluecoats vets and 2 Crown vets on the BD snareline.

So if Bluecoats have 5 returning snare vets, that means the remaining 4 from last year all went to BD? Wow.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer