2017 Blue Stars

8 minutes ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

it's michael shapiro work, of course it is - and the work always gets done. They will be a strength

It's like this every year.  Pretty rough early on, takes the whole season to clean, and then by finals boom.  They're fine.  Usually an asset that's leading the corps ordinals in the recaps.  

• Like 1

The final guard costume has now been revealed.  Brass and Percussion next?  I know what they are.  :-)

On 6/18/2017 at 9:27 PM, DrumManTx said:

It's like this every year.  Pretty rough early on, takes the whole season to clean, and then by finals boom.  They're fine.  Usually an asset that's leading the corps ordinals in the recaps.  

I have a hunch the Blue Stars just might be the most underhyped,  most underrated Corps/show this off season.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, FTNK said:

When was the last time they beat The Cadets?

The BK database of head to heads back to 96 has Cadets winning every show with the majority of those being div II and III years. 

My guess was the 1979 finals when Stars ended 10th and cadets got 16th. 

Edited by BlueStainGlass
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

The BK database of head to heads back to 96 has Cadets winning every show with the majority of those being div II and III years. 

My guess was the 1979 finals when Stars ended 10th and cadets got 16th. 

July 12, 1980. 

Doubt it happens this year. I think the Cadets are being greatly underestimated. 

• Like 1

Will get another read on Thursday before I go into details.  

:)

Five Quick Thoughts:

• Their brass has never sounded this good early on, by finals they're gonna be incredible.  
  • ........especially the mellophones.  There were a few times they gave me some serious goose bumps.  
  • LOVED the first 2/3rds of the show, the ballad especially.  
  • I miss drill like this.  
  • Not sure on the last 1/3rd of the show......I suspect that more is to come there!  Excited to see what they do with it.  

Overall a VERY good impression.  If this is where they are now I can't wait to see where they are by finals.  

• Like 1

Really great first look at Blue Stars. We are in for a treat this year, methinks.