Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

The Garden State Circuit corps I marched with in 68/69 played "Sunny". Nice tune.

GREAT tune. Not sure it would ever hit the field today -- maybe an encore tune.  But I was just riff'ing on all the "Sun" tunes people were posting in this thread.

On 9/12/2016 at 0:15 PM, ibexpercussion said:

I really think they are doing well with the "out there"/esoteric/creepy/avant garde stuff.

You mean the interesting progressive forward thinking modern music?

10 hours ago, flammaster said:

You mean the interesting progressive forward thinking modern music?

Musically...yes.  Concept-wise, I still stick to the "out-there"/esoteric/creepy/avant grade stuff.  Which isn't a bad thing, as I've really enjoyed their shows the past several years.  There's always a place for this niche, when done well.

I'm really curious about whether they'll keep their uniform from this year. It's one of my absolute favorites up close, but the effect from the stands of one leg being virtually invisible was really bizarre. 

Maybe that was what they were going for? I couldn't really tell one way or the other but I'm interested to see what happens.

6 hours ago, aLittleBird said:

I'm really curious about whether they'll keep their uniform from this year. It's one of my absolute favorites up close, but the effect from the stands of one leg being virtually invisible was really bizarre. 

Maybe that was what they were going for? I couldn't really tell one way or the other but I'm interested to see what happens.

They should just use the 2015 uniform if possible. Of the three iterations of the new BK uniform, I think that one was the best.

For those expecting an announcement by BK at dusk on the east coast, be patient and realize that the initial announcement called for darkness to set in on Mountain Time tonite before a 2nd announcement would be forthcoming. So those in EST and CT, must remain in the dark on this for a wee bit longer.

Not what I was expecting to hear at all, but still a big deal from an organizational standpoint.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Nice new kitchen truck/trailer... not sure why they had to wait till the sun went down to announce it though. But nonetheless, spiffy new kitchen truck/trailer for BK.

Edited by BRASSO