Another Rumor Dies.

Ghost

this thread is so far from a real discussion there's absolutely no chance anyone could do that.

let's summarize , shall we?

1. Ghost says there was a rumor that Boston was boycotting Crown and Cadets shows
  2. Tim K say no no no, the rumor was that Cadets and Crown are boycotting Boston's show
  3. CB says well the logistics aren't very good for Crown
  4. Lance asked why would they boycott shows
  5. No one answered him
  6. The End

In between lots of nonsense (and one awesome duck meme which really should be meme of the year on DCP because it so #### funny)

So because no one answered Lance to your preferred time table, you start whining and shitposting bad memes calling others whiners for talking about rumors. If you want to call others whiners, honestly go ahead not really my problem, but when you yourself are the source of the majority of whining it just gets annoying to read, ESPECIALLY because this is literally a rumors thread and talking about low-level conspiracies is on topic. Just my 2 cents

Edited by Narrow
  • Like 3

SuperSaderFan is on the BAC Board Of Directors, and has been intimatety involved with the drum corps since 1978. His information is beyond reproach. He doesn't need to rely on rumor or innuendo for the very simple reason that he is one of the most senior members of the organization, and is typically in the room (or at least on the conference call) when major issues are discussed.

So he who shall not be mentioned is SSF? Never knew that.

So he who shall not be mentioned is SSF? Never knew that.

If you wish to be in the loop..then PM me.

Can anybody explain why crown or cadets made the choice not to perform at boston's show?

Looking for something explicit instead of innuendo or speculation.

Thanks.

I'll do my best, but I want to make a disclaimer first: I am a Boston Crusaders fan, and just a fan. I have followed the corps since I was 12, (1975) and I knew people who marched with BAC, but I never marched with them. I have never instructed them, I am not on the board. I know people involved by name, but most if they saw me would think "I know I should know that guy. What's his name?" So, if someone more knowledgeable about Bodton Crusaders than me says something different, they are most likely correct.

About last October, some Boston area drum corps fans, some who love BAC, are alums, etc., some less than BAC lovers, stated there was concern Crown and Cadets would not compete in BAC shows. This was pure speculation and the reason stated was anger over staff leaving. It was purely speculative until the reunion show in Plymouth, MA prior to Thanksgiving. My understanding is that at the show, the speculation became a prediction, and when the schedule was released last week by DCI, along with a FB post about why there would just be one show and that BAC would tour the Midwest early in the season, people saw the speculation that became a rumor to be fact.

The only way we will know for certain is if either Cadets or Crown is actual boycotting is if one of the corps issues a statement on the matter, which is not likely.

I hate these kinds of threads. A ton. There is not going to be a way to prove it or disprove it unless someone coughs up some emails/conversations that have no business being posted publicly even if they do exist. I hope it's not true, and I'd have to see something pretty concrete to even believe it. I'm not siding on either side because there is not anything at all to go off of.

The only way we will know for certain is if either Cadets or Crown is actual boycotting is if one of the corps issues a statement on the matter, which is not likely.

I look at it this way:

I see the schedule and conclude there's not much room (for Crown at least) to do another July 4th show in this years schedule

*or*

I believe there's a secret conspiracy to do everything they can to destroy Boston.

I know which one I'd believe.

Were there angry people after the staff change? There probably were.

Did they have a right to be? I've seen posted here time and again -- "there are no rules about recruiting -- it's a dog-eat-dog world." So I guess not.

Based on all of that I suppose it's possible that a corps might choose to not participate in a particular show. I would agree with Liahona that such an action would appear pretty adolescent. But in that same vein it might be a foreseeable response to other equally adolescent behavior.

In any case there's absolutely no point to this thread as there will be never be proof -- just people posting on a forum saying XYZ.

So what does all this accomplish?

Nothing at all.

Edited by corpsband

Two corps got together and decided to not participate in another member corps show with the direct intent to hurt that Corps. Just so we are clear. It's not as simple as what you say.

They did? I am sorry I am just reading all this. You are saying corps got together and decided not to participate? You've spoken to someone at one of these corps and verified this? Or this is what you think...just curious. Thanks.

They did? I am sorry I am just reading all this. You are saying corps got together and decided not to participate? You've spoken to someone at one of these corps and verified this? Or this is what you think...just curious. Thanks.

This is direct knowledge and not hearsay.