Another Rumor Dies.

Ghost

G7 has NOTHING to do with this...

I am posturing the reaction of the BAC homers on this thread against a horizon of victimhood from G-7. It's apparent from the vitriol inserted amidst the questions, speculations, rumors and retorts that more than whether two corps attend a certain drum corps show is at work or what instructor teaches where. Boston College Eagles will certainly survive even if their stadium is not used during this summer.

In all I think the thread has moved past the question the other OP asked in another thread and which Ghost carried over in this; maybe it's time for the moderators to close the thread after consultation with a Ghost.

Edited by xandandl

Lance, Tes, X, Hockey,

For the very same reason Lance can't reveal his sources, Liahona also can't. However,that being said,Liahona DID answer Lances question as best he could about the source at least by telling him it was a person with direct knowledge and by saying direct knowledge it is as direct as you can get. Think about what that means. As direct as the DCI source was, this source is equally and very possible more directly involved with the organization. More than a fan, more than a donor, more than a volunteer. What's left? A DCP troll trying to fire up a rumor? Or someone who is both ticked off and equally disappointed at what can be viewed as petty behavior. As far as logistics plays into this, it probably did. But at the same time it can be manipulated to appear that logistics came into it when a tour is planned with the initial thought of what shows not to do and see what shows can be included, leaving a show avoided. I am not saying this is how it came down, but it is plausible. You can avoid a show, by picking others and say, aw we'd love to have helped you out and done your show, but we are doing these shows. Gee, sorry.

I get this may seem like speculation on my part and it is to an extent, but it is a plausible scenario. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I don't wear a tin foil hat, but I do have the utmost respect for the honesty of the person who made the statement about the "rumor" (and I don't mean Ghost). I believe it and had I not witnessed similar behavior years ago from another top level organization, I would probably be hard pressed to believe this "rumor". Fortunately, those wounds have healed as will these in time.

• Like 2

Lance, Tes, X, Hockey,

For the very same reason Lance can't reveal his sources, Liahona also can't. However,that being said,Liahona DID answer Lances question as best he could about the source at least by telling him it was a person with direct knowledge and by saying direct knowledge it is as direct as you can get. Think about what that means. As direct as the DCI source was, this source is equally and very possible more directly involved with the organization. More than a fan, more than a donor, more than a volunteer. What's left? A DCP troll trying to fire up a rumor? Or someone who is both ticked off and equally disappointed at what can be viewed as petty behavior. As far as logistics plays into this, it probably did. But at the same time it can be manipulated to appear that logistics came into it when a tour is planned with the initial thought of what shows not to do and see what shows can be included, leaving a show avoided. I am not saying this is how it came down, but it is plausible. You can avoid a show, by picking others and say, aw we'd love to have helped you out and done your show, but we are doing these shows. Gee, sorry.

I get this may seem like speculation on my part and it is to an extent, but it is a plausible scenario. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I don't wear a tin foil hat, but I do have the utmost respect for the honesty of the person who made the statement about the "rumor" (and I don't mean Ghost). I believe it and had I not witnessed similar behavior years ago from another top level organization, I would probably be hard pressed to believe this "rumor". Fortunately, those wounds have healed as will these in time.

I hear what you are saying and only feel more sanguine that the thread has run it's course (in circles.) Time to move on and let the mods close the thread.

I hear what you are saying and only feel more sanguine that the thread has run it's course (in circles.) Time to move on and let the mods close the thread.

Only the OP can request close as you outlined in post #111...so the second request from you is unwarranted ...you make us believe from your posts that you have so much skin in the game with all the corps...that's great..glad you are so involved with our great activity...

Ghost....let this thread die it's own death...mod's don't need to step in and close it...

Edited by Liahona

For the very same reason Lance can't reveal his sources

I don't have sources. I am agenda-less in this. Love Boston. Love Crown. Love The Cadets.

I understand a couple of people in here responded to me the best they could, but they didn't actually answer my questions.

That's why I also asked if there was past behavior by either The Cadets or Crown that could logically be connected to their supposedly conspiring against Boston.

I don't have sources. I am agenda-less in this. Love Boston. Love Crown. Love The Cadets.

I understand a couple of people in here responded to me the best they could, but they didn't actually answer my questions.

That's why I also asked if there was past behavior by either The Cadets or Crown that could logically be connected to their supposedly conspiring against Boston.

I think the poster you responded to mixed his Lances with his Tesmusics who said he had spoken to someone on the DCI BoD and someone else who was an employee of DCI's front office. Their take seemed to be at odds with what the rumor mill was propagandizing. Cf. post 101 of this thread.

Edited by xandandl

Feel free to stop reading it. This would be Hop's ultimate petty move #2 if true - the first being the attempted G7 power grab. It's never time to move beyond that. It was an unforgiveable stunt that ran counter to all the virtues DCI was supposedly about.

• Like 2

But at the same time it can be manipulated to appear that logistics came into it when a tour is planned with the initial thought of what shows not to do and see what shows can be included, leaving a show avoided. I am not saying this is how it came down, but it is plausible. You can avoid a show, by picking others and say, aw we'd love to have helped you out and done your show, but we are doing these shows.

Well that's certainly not true for Crown. The anchors on the logistics chain are (A) the BOA clinic in Muncie and (B) their home show. Argument that there's picking and choosing going on just doesn't apply. Those are non-negotiable end points.

Edited by corpsband

stupid facts.

thanks for re-posting my logistics argument in even more detail.

oh but some stupidity did rear its head

• Like 1

I am posturing the reaction of the BAC homers on this thread against a horizon of victimhood from G-7. It's apparent from the vitriol inserted amidst the questions, speculations, rumors and retorts that more than whether two corps attend a certain drum corps show is at work or what instructor teaches where. Boston College Eagles will certainly survive even if their stadium is not used during this summer.

In all I think the thread has moved past the question the other OP asked in another thread and which Ghost carried over in this; maybe it's time for the moderators to close the thread after consultation with a Ghost.

it's not G7.

lets just say organizations all trying to grow and be more butting heads, in many ways fighting over the same turf

• Like 1