Phantom Regiment 2017

I honestly cannot see Regiment putting vehicles on the field any time in the near future. Yeah, there have been discussions on Regiment going more modern, but even then, having the guard drive around in go-karts is probably at the end of any potential show characteristics I could come up with.

Maybe i'm too square, old and downright plain.

Then gain a show like "Penelope Pitstop meets Tchaikovsky" might shake things up.

Ok, I have to stop right there. I think I need a glass of wine.

Agreed, I was joking. My point is that Wes Cartwright isn't involved at BA this season (so I'm told - no design staff is listed in the program at Oklahoma Bandisasters Association).

Agreed, I was joking. My point is that Wes Cartwright isn't involved at BA this season (so I'm told - no design staff is listed in the program at Oklahoma Bandisasters Association).

Too bad. When I saw that show on YouTube, it looked like it had a very Cartwright-esque visual design.

I think he's back with LD Bell. I saw it mentioned on a Texas band forum and also see his name listed with LD Bell on the following link:

http://www.flomarching.com/article/46915-boa-plano-offers-showdown-in-north-texas

They revisited Spartacus and it worked out for them. New World Symphony anyone?

New World Symphony would be a great idea for a show musically. The problem is how to tie it in to the visuals. IMO PR has been strong musically recently and it's the visuals that need to be worked on. But take that with a grain of salt. I'm more of a music person than visual.

New World Symphony would be a great idea for a show musically. The problem is how to tie it in to the visuals. IMO PR has been strong musically recently and it's the visuals that need to be worked on. But take that with a grain of salt. I'm more of a music person than visual.

They played NWS in 89 and it was a very popular show for them (still is). I'd rather they not play something they've played before.

• Like 1

I love the 1989 show except for that absurd ride cymbal part in the Largo movement. I've heard some defend it, and others say judges appreciated, but I just thought that it was out of place with the rest of the program. Had they done something to change all of New World up stylistically, and not just that moment, I think it would have been more effective, but to me it just came off as absurd.

It would be interesting to see them take on Marc Blitzsteins "Airborne Symphony." I've only seen it performed by Seattle Cascades in 2005, and it is quite wonderful.

I am always way impressed that many of you on DCP know (or remember) the shows, drills, music selections of so many corps over so many years. Would be great to have an easily accessible site or database of all that info. Type in a corp, year, and up comes details. Or type in a theme or music, and up comes all the corps that have touched on or near those things.

Of course, maybe that kind of place exists and I am too much a drum corps peasant to know about it.

Thanks. Like it alot as I listened. But imagined it more from Bloo given the trombone parts used.

Very doable on the field with some great creative arranging and perhaps Klesch-like emphasizing parts of the score, repeating some bars, and omitting others, intriguing voicings. Oh the possibilities and colors..

Edited by xandandl

I am always way impressed that many of you on DCP know (or remember) the shows, drills, music selections of so many corps over so many years. Would be great to have an easily accessible site or database of all that info. Type in a corp, year, and up comes details. Or type in a theme or music, and up comes all the corps that have touched on or near those things.

Of course, maybe that kind of place exists and I am too much a drum corps peasant to know about it.

corpsreps.com is a resource I use often.

• Like 2