Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl - July 1, 2017

7 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Something is wrong here...I dont understand how SCV took music captions but not visual captions, and BD took visual captions not music captions.

You're right. SCV should have taken visual captions too.  :xmas:

Things will straighten out as the season progresses.

9 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

. SCV's brass is as good as any other corps this season.  Just saying.

Its the best brass line in DCI this season, imo. I predicted a SCV win tonite a few pages back on this thread. SCV did win Percussion, Brass tonite over BD... and I thought they had them tonite... but its under a point now. Its shaping up as a great seaaon.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Yeah, I had SCV in first tonight too. Their show is just amazing. There's not a moment where you're not totally enthralled.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

Just now, jjeffeory said:

Triggered.  Judging changes so much from show to show, I feel like it isnt consistent until finals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Yeah, I had BD in first tonight too. Their show is just amazing. There's not a moment where you're not totally enthralled.

Acoustically, yes. Visually, no. 

8 minutes ago, geluf said:

Certainly, but I mean in the context of what I keep hearing this year: "BD's show is going to continue to "morph" the rest of the year!"

People make it sound as though its going to be more than the usual changing and tweaking that happens to programs (including BD's) and is going to be a more full-blown sweeping change from top to bottom over the year.

My point is only that if that's the case, it's a pretty high risk/reward proposition, since a total overhaul needs practice time, and they don't have the point cushions they've had before.  I referenced 2014 because that's the most recent example of BD having an insurmountable lead so laughably huge, you could drive a truck through it, and thus they had a lot of house money to play with and could have conceivably changed anything they wanted without too much worry about loss of performance points.

A year like this, where suddenly SCV is back within a point, and Bluecoats are a legit threat now, it's a riskier play.

I do not see the reward either. You're rewarded by what's on the field, not how much you've changed the show through out the season.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1