Bristol show in Cranston, RI

4 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Reminds me A LOT of Oregon Crusaders 2012 color show they did right before moving up to WC.  

That was a good show.

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

The age old problem of staff and marching members taking seats that people have paid for will not happen in Cranston. There is an older woman standing guard who is taking no prisoners. She means business and it's made intermission amusing! 

OMEA could have used her last year in Dayton.

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

there's a joke there somewhere :peek:

There's a double meaning in that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Completely agreed. I was watching the "2017 Predictions Thread" and could not believe how low some people were putting Crossmen. A bunch had them out of top 12. Fail!

To be fair, how many predicted before the 2016 season started that Boston would be 12th and Madison wouldn't make Finals?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chaddyt said:

Cadets gotta clean up those beats.

posted from the DrumScorps app

For a change Cadets have time to clean. I think Cadets are in a good position and I'm sticking with them overtaking Crown and Cavies before the Texas run. Go Cadets!!

Fan of the Arts

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

To be fair, how many predicted before the 2016 season started that Boston would be 12th and Madison wouldn't make Finals?

And that was another year the Crossmen were underestimated.  It's a perennial thing.

40 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

And that was another year the Crossmen were underestimated.  It's a perennial thing.

agreed. All off season after 2015 many (most?) folks had them falling out of finals in their "predictions" -- it has been a trend the last couple years

Based on 2015 to 16 to 17 it is safe to say we officially have a "trend" of improving Crossmen corps. This year they may be the "it" corps after all the off season talk about others

55 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

The past five years show them with three 12ths, a 14th, and a 10th. Anyone who went into the season guessing that they'd be in the 10th-14th positions at the end of the year was simply making best faith estimates.

FWIW, I like them this year, but I'm guessing that they're still going to be in that 10th-14th range, depending on what happens with a few other corps around them. Head to head, Boston, Regiment, and BK are all working with shows that have more head room on the sheets.

11 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

how many predicted before the 2016 season started that Boston would be 12th and Madison wouldn't make Finals?

I suppose one could find the answer to both questions by going back and looking at the DCP 2016 placement prediction thread. I do know a few had both Corps finishing as high as 5th, and some had both Corps not even making the TOP 12. Ironically, one could find the same wide swarth of placement predictions for both Corps in the 2017 placement prediction thread.