Bristol show in Cranston, RI

Almost half of Crown's 2016 guard went to BAC with staff. They're a very tight bunch. 

Edited by defeldus2

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

well - also an easier but cleaner book vs. a tougher but dirty book

I don't think any percussion kids sent to Boston - ?. Most are in Cadets so... 

Crown percussion is improved. Cadets percussion is improved. Cadets percussion is the real deal and on a different level than Crown. Cadets quality of sound and talent level is off the charts. They should be in contention for the Sanford award.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dans said:

Crown percussion is improved. Cadets percussion is improved. Cadets percussion is the real deal and on a different level than Crown. Cadets quality of sound and talent level is off the charts. They should be in contention for the Sanford award.

Well tonight's percussion judge didn't read that memo. But I agree, still early and judges need more reads. Remember this is the 2016 bronze medalist against 2016's 6th place corps. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Well tonight's percussion judge didn't read that memo. But I agree, still early and judges need more reads. Remember this is the 2016 bronze medalist against 2016's 6th place corps. 

I hear you man but I don't care about 2016. This Cadets percussion is special and should be evaluated based on 2017 not 2016! To all you drummers out there, check out 2017 Cadets, they are something special!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dans said:

If Crown's line improves over recent years, they could score higher than the CG this year.  That would be interesting.  Lots of pieces of this years puzzle will be falling into place after San Antonio.

• Like 1

I'm just glad that the Crossmen were only 5 points below Crown and less than 4 points below Cadets.  I think the Crossmen are the corps most people here underestimated going into the season.

I also think the Crossmen percussion section is the most improved section of the corps relative to last year.

Last year's scores from Cranston (7/5/16):

Cadets:  77.2

Phantom:  73.9

Crossmen:  69.7

Boston:  68.4

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I'm just glad that the Crossmen were only 5 points below Crown and less than 4 points below Cadets.  I think the Crossmen are the corps most people here underestimated going into the season.

I also think the Crossmen percussion section is the most improved section of the corps relative to last year.

Completely agreed. I was watching the "2017 Predictions Thread" and could not believe how low some people were putting Crossmen. A bunch had them out of top 12. Fail!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If Crown's line improves over recent years, they could score higher than the CG this year.  That would be interesting.  Lots of pieces of this years puzzle will be falling into place after San Antonio.

Thank you.  Patience.  All will become clear. 

Cadets gotta clean up those beats.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1