Beanpot Invitational Lynn, MA July 4th

37 minutes ago, Catan said:

Lovely trumpet soloist. 

Not bad for a 15 year old!

37 minutes ago, Catan said:

Wonderful program and performance from Genesis. Lovely trumpet soloist. 

Just now, NickH said:

Need some help...

Im gonna go to DCI San Antonio, and I've never been to a show. What's the protocol ( How early do I need to show up, Is there anything that you can do preshow, Is there merch there, etc...)?

posted from the DrumScorps app

My suggestion is to drink early and often with hopes that most will look and sound better. 

• Like 1

Well, that was fun, Surf! It must have been since I felt like it ended so quickly. Good music, made me feel like maybe I inhaled an illicit substance, and solid! Enjoyed very much!

5 minutes ago, NickH said:

Need some help...

Im gonna go to DCI San Antonio, and I've never been to a show. What's the protocol ( How early do I need to show up, Is there anything that you can do preshow, Is there merch there, etc...)?

posted from the DrumScorps app

You can show up whenever you want.  They won't seat you during corps performances.  Since you've never been, I suggest you watch everyone so get into your seat early.  And there will a souvenir marketplace on the concourse.  Enjoy yourself!  And welcome! 

Edited by Terri Schehr

13 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Am I the only one who feels like maybe I ate the wrong kind of mushrooms while watching Surf?

I will say this however regarding Jersey Surf, Unlike their 2012 Bridgemen Tribute show " Bridgemania " and their funky 2013 show " Soul Surfin' " , JS has elected to do a modern show once again. They are large in numbers and even have a progressive guitar in the show. Whether this  modern and progressive style is working for them both score wise and entertainment wise with audiences is certainly an open question however. I recall when they got standing O's for their retro throwback shows. Perhaps others there at the show can tell us this modern and progressive style went over well with the audience here or not. Its possible they lit it up there in Lynn, but its hard to know one way or the other at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO