Beanpot Invitational Lynn, MA July 4th

19 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Can we all agree that the Lonestar Percussion commercial that has been running for the last couple of years pretty much rules?

Or do just us drummers feel that way?

Lonestar has been very happy to sponsor numerous shows.

Edited by JKT90

11 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Can we all agree that the Lonestar Percussion commercial that has been running for the last couple of years pretty much rules?

By August however, I will need intensive therapy to get that drumspeak out of my head .

The Colts are causing lots of fireworks to go off...

• Like 1

Need some help...

Im gonna go to DCI San Antonio, and I've never been to a show. What's the protocol ( How early do I need to show up, Is there anything that you can do preshow, Is there merch there, etc...)?

posted from the DrumScorps app

get there early. great way to listen to the corps on the lot ... huge venue and plan on being in line for 30-45 just to get in. oh...and it is Africa hot...bring a water to drink while in line. If you have kiddos, like me, being them a blanket...it gets cold in there.

A few great little hole in the wall bars a block away going out the main entrance.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

lol I've read maybe 50 books over the years on McDonald's -- loved the movie but my advice is "don't believe it".

But yes, the two naive buffoons as-portrayed in The Founder would probably be fine with "sure, steal all our parking" lol.

Ha! Who'd have guessed I was responding to an expert on the subject!

(My suggestion wasn't that the McDonald brothers would urge people to steal their own parking but that, given how the film shows Ray Kroc treating them, they'd have been happy with people stealing parking from the McDonald's corp.)

While I had assumed that, like most good dramatizations of real events (going back to Shakespeare and earlier), the film took some liberties with the facts, I hadn't actually done any reading on the subject. Now I've just checked just a few points.

Very interesting to learn that the film trusts Kroc's claims that he forced the McDonald brothers to take down their own name from the original store and that ran them out of business--claims I see that the brothers themselves disputed.

(I would dispute the idea that the film portrays them as buffoons. Instead, its claim, true or false, is that they weren't only in it for the money--they wanted to maintain certain standards that Kroc didn't care about.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, awunderlich said:

but that tunnel was supposed to solve every thing...

This is where the Colts were supposed to march today.  All North of Boston so need for any of those tunnels.

The Colts
Beverly (8 a.m.)
Manchester (10:30 a.m.)
Wakefield (4:30 p.m.)
Lynn – The Beanpot Invitational (7 p.m.)

A little over 8 miles from Wakefield to Manny Field.  Parade might have run late.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2