Beanpot Invitational Lynn, MA July 4th

Cadets had an overall good run, but fireworks, both legal and backyard, did not help them. There were also amplification issues that made the choir hard to hear.  

• Like 3

Looked like each member of the choir had their own mic and stand. Too bad.  Overall, the show is a stunner. I don't see a podium finish here, but they could get REAL close!

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, brassboy said:

I actually like that show quite a bit, but that ending needs some sprucing up. 

Yeah that's so not the ending ;-) 

• Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

Good run by Cadets. Corps doing well with all the parades and such today

cadets marched six holes tonight, five in brass. That's a lot. 2 members being worked into the drill and 3 out temporarily from what they've said

the placeholder ending is way too short. Can't wait for the real one in a couple weeks 

Am I going to see that ending in Dekalb?  Please say yes.  That is my first live viewing of The Cadets. 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Am I going to see that ending in Dekalb?  Please say yes.  That is my first live viewing of The Cadets. 

What date?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Good run by Cadets. Corps doing well with all the parades and such today

cadets marched six holes tonight, five in brass. That's a lot. 2 members being worked into the drill and 3 out temporarily from what they've said

the placeholder ending is way too short. Can't wait for the real one in a couple weeks 

A COUPLE!??!?! Geez what's taking so long?? This show is great but it needs a closer. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

A COUPLE!??!?! Geez what's taking so long?? This show is great but it needs a closer. 

Well they learn the drill tomorrow and the next day so... then they practice it in stealth mode muhahahahaha

8 minutes ago, 1corpsfan said:

Crossmen sounded much better 

Absolutely, imo. 

Cadets still have talent, but the show still is pretty unemotional and rather plodding and dull, imo.  That said, they are scoring very well, and when they put in their closer, the show won't end so abruptly, and could generate better audience appeal with that.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2