Medal or Fan Favorite?

Medal or Fan Favorite?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you as a marching member rather medal (top 3) or be the fan favorite?

• medal (top 3)
    • fan favorite

If the audience is really buying what you're selling, I think that really improves the experience as a marching member. I can't imagine what it would have been like to march with Madison Scouts in 1995, for instance. Must have been extremely gratifying. 

• Like 5

What's the consensus on PR 2003? It's literally my favorite show of all time. If I could have been part of that show, I would treasure it! 2007 and 2010 PR for that matter. None of them won medals, but I will remember them forever. That's what I would want.

• Like 5

Being a fan favorite is a special privilege.  I was with The Cavaliers in 1980 and 1981 and the loud BOOO! from crowds across the US and Canada when our scores were announced was a beautiful sound I'll never forget.

• Like 2

Better to be both!  I lived it with BD in 94. Undefeated and our show was VERY well received. We did an east coast swing that year, first time BD had gone east to start the season in years. We got tons of love from the east coast crowds. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, mboogey73 said:

Better to be both!  I lived it with BD in 94. Undefeated and our show was VERY well received. We did an east coast swing that year, first time BD had gone east to start the season in years. We got tons of love from the east coast crowds. 

When a Corps has an entertaining show, East Coast fans.. especially in New England... get up out of their seats and cheer wildly, no matter who the Corps is, nor where its from. Nobody ever considers booing a Corps during or after a performance in New England either. If they did consider such, they might want to think twice about it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

This thread reminds me, whatever happened to the "Spirit of Disney" award that was handed out to a fan-favorite corps every year? I really want to see it brought back someday.

• Like 4

I debated on this one but ultimately chose medal. For me, I don't care about being THE fan favorite for that year. I just wanted to entertain the fans and give them a good show.

Obviously, doing both would be ideal but the competitive side of me would want that medal. It just solidifies all the hard work and sweat you put in for that season and having that reward would be nice.

For my age out year I intentionally marched with a fan favorite, I do not regret my decision.

• Like 4