Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

Just now, FenixParent said:

Was Genesis strong enough to top Legends tonight?

posted from the DrumScorps app

In my estimation.  Definitely. 

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

47. It's the thought that counts. :laughing:

Yes it is SON!!

• Like 1

UGH! My FloMarching streaming was doing just fine up until Genesis. Now comes the buffering issues. :-(

Only five contras, but they are maxxing out their sound. Good on them.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

When did Pioneer change their guard uniforms? Those are completely different than what they were in the first week.

2 minutes ago, Clutchtow said:

Oh I think that might have just been the stream audio, my laptop was doing the same thing, super weird static popping buzz right?

They may be messsing with the levels?  I just turned down the volume on dad's TV...for Pioneer! It was wavering up and down a bit before being louder

Edited by KVG_DC

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Everyone, rest in peace to my left speaker.  For 20$ Walmart speakers they were so kind to me.  

:(

Might be time to order those Bose ones I've had my eyes on for awhile......

You should see if FJM will pay for a new one. That ad just about destroyed my speakers, too. :(

36 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

They sound bigger than that.  Forgive me for asking, I don't really follow DCA, how do the Govvies stack up in that circuit?  I'm enjoying them a lot.

They're usually first or second in DCA's Class A at the Championships, with a score on DCA's sheets of 80-85. That tends to put them about 10-12th overall in that circuit. Minnesota Brass, who performs at the end of this evening in exhibition, tends to place 2nd-3rd (1st in 2011) with a score of 95-97 on those sheets. DCA is pretty much weekends-only with championships coming a month after DCI's, and in my estimation a score on DCA sheets is about 10-15 points higher than the same corps would earn in DCI (although when DCI does judge these groups, they are supposedly doing so with numbers approximate to those used in DCA), but it's not an exact science making that comparison. Since it's impossible for a part-time group to achieve the same sustained difficulty as a full-time ensemble, DCA corps could be said to emphasize entertainment over excellence, but I don't think I'd put it quite that way, either.

In the past, Govenaires' DM would regularly interact with the audience before the show and between numbers. Not sure if they're abandoning that element or just saving it for later in the year.

• Like 1