South Carolina showdown

Just now, George Dixon said:

don't disagree - especially the Boston comment. Cadets are learning the ending and restaging a bunch of things so the "cleaning" has slowed down - a gap may reopen imo between them and Crown/Cavaliers until the 15th. JMO. If Boston will beat Cadets this week is probably the most likely time

Yea, I heard that Cadets had done that, so that's why I put them just a little behind.

I have no idea what Cavaliers have done to their show recently, but they've got a bit of swagger going on last I heard.  Crown is scoring really well with a show that I don't "get". They just are too talented, and the bones of their design are sound, even if I don't get the theme and how it fits together. I would guess that those things might get them in the end, but right now, they're hanging with Bluecoats the best of any corps.

Now I heard Boston made a few changes and additions/tweaks to their show, and that they're hot.

It's exciting to be in 2-7th place at the moment!  There's at least the chance for the placement narrative to change from what we all believe will happen.

• Like 1

Looks like chills will come heavy and often today in such an intimate stadium. Really looking forward to it.

What on earth is that blue trombone surf is using?

37 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Switch Cadets with Cavaliers for tonight.  Not saying that at finals it won't be different, but I still think Cadets will be behind.  Watch out for Boston too!

I agree...tonight Crown/Cavies, Cadets, Boston

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

While waiting for the judges to be announced for tonite, go to the Open Class forum and see how 7th Regiment hornline out psychs the rumor of Crown as most powerful hornline. The New Londoners are really whaling.

That is beyond adorable, 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Yea, I heard that Cadets had done that, so that's why I put them just a little behind.

I have no idea what Cavaliers have done to their show recently, but they've got a bit of swagger going on last I heard.  Crown is scoring really well with a show that I don't "get". They just are too talented, and the bones of their design are sound, even if I don't get the theme and how it fits together. I would guess that those things might get them in the end, but right now, they're hanging with Bluecoats the best of any corps.

Now I heard Boston made a few changes and additions/tweaks to their show, and that they're hot.

It's exciting to be in 2-7th place at the moment!  There's at least the chance for the placement narrative to change from what we all believe will happen.

yup - tiz the season! Cadets are learning 2:15 or so new drill and the last minute of that is new music - plus some staging changes to the end of Part 2 and a whole rewrite on the "bridge" into Part 3. So they've been taking some time away from the rest of the show and "cleaning" so to speak. Of course - that continues also

I also am unaware of what the Cavaliers have been up to specifically in the past week - I'm looking forward to seeing their show again soon

Boston is in a very good place right now and set to do some damage - they've got a good "structure" on the field - better right now in that aspect than Cavaliers/Cadets/Crown IMO - so they are ripe for an upset. The 3 corps ahead of them all need to make some major changes. Crown just did, Cadets are and I would guess Cavaliers as well. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I think all the uncertainty on display is great for drum corps. 

A predictable DCI is a boring DCI  

COMPLETELY agree. I don't think the corps in 9th to 4th have every been quite so competitive (For example)