Celebration in Brass Johnston, IA

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I used to attend the fall band show when my son was in band.  Full house back then.  He graduated high school in 2003.  2014 was when I went to the drum corps show because I remember it was the first time I saw the Felliniesque show in person. 

If you go back during football season they fill that joint up - top 3 in the state most years.  Our marching band used to play NFL halftime shows in Chicago in addition to competitions.  But my favorite was Phantom copying our show.  We played New World Symphony the year before they did, and their arrangement was shockingly similar to ours...  enough reminiscing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MyKids#1Fan said:

Me too...I'd even take some fake news

REPORT FROM DCI....

In a scheduling snafu the Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Devils, and Carolina Crown showed up unexpectedly in Johnstown, IA to join the show with the Canton Bluecoats.  Directors of the 4 corps were seen in the parking lot with Contest Director Tony DeCarlo deciding on performance order.  Since they are the defending World Champions it was determined that the Bluecoats would go on last with a performance time of 11:58 pm

• Like 4

1 minute ago, oldbandguy said:

REPORT FROM DCI....

In a scheduling snafu the Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Devils, and Carolina Crown showed up unexpectedly in Johnstown, IA to join the show with the Canton Bluecoats.  Directors of the 4 corps were seen in the parking lot with Contest Director Tony DeCarlo deciding on performance order.  Since they are the defending World Champions it was determined that the Bluecoats would go on last with a performance time of 11:58 pm

THIS JUST IN...

Bluecoats win with a score of 87.5

37 minutes ago, MyKids#1Fan said:

Me too...I'd even take some fake news

Bluecoats caused a major riff today during their full ensemble pre-show runthrough.  The intense vibrations from 'Zomby Woof' caused the prop to split the earth and formed a new fault line down the middle of the field. The show has been postponed due to not being able to find the hash marks on the 50.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I went to Ohio for a bachelor party and liquor stores close at 10. Worst state ever. 

Don't trash my home. That's really not cool.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

Just now, Western Burger said:

Bluecoats caused a major riff today during their full ensemble pre-show runthrough.  The intense vibrations from 'Zomby Woof' caused the prop to split the earth and formed a new fault line down the middle of the field. The show has been postponed due to not being able to find the hash marks on the 50.

:spitting: