The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

I want to love this Madison show, if only for "Music for Prague, 1968," but I'm just not getting the uniforms, or what they're inhaling from those tanks, or much else...

Some really nice brass moments, though.

Edited by Phillygwm

Madison brass wants to remind you that 12 place is as exciting as the run for gold this year 

• Like 4

The reason Madison won't make finals is because it looks like any body looks like you told a high schooler to go act Macbeth. The I'm dying looks cheesy where as the other groups you buy into the show. My biggest problem is why make the guard so similar to the corps of they are supposed to be against each other?

1 minute ago, 1corpsfan said:

Madison is getting clean

I was just about to make the same comment.   Cleanest of the night (so far)  by quite a bit.

• Like 5

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Madison brass wants to remind you that 12 place is as exciting as the run for gold this year 

Even more fun

1 minute ago, lyrictenorsc said:

The quality of streaming is so odd. Mine has been excellent every time, but it seems others have an awful time.

posted from the DrumScorps app

The inconsistency suggests they aren't sending out a very robust feed.  You don't see this level of inconsistency from most national broadcasters.  It can't just be the "home system" when it happens every time Flo puts something out (and not when other providers put out a live feed).  It is what it is though ... it's been amateur hour trying to get a decent DCI stream for years.

1 minute ago, Phillygwm said:

I want to love this Madison show, if only for "Music for Prague, 1968" but I'm just not getting the uniforms, or what they're inhaling from those tanks, or much else...

This is where show design is lacking.  If you don't know the show announcement regarding the whole apocalyptic struggle on a planet running out of oxygen thing, you end up wit the 'wtf are they huffing?' response.