TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

Just now, MikeRapp said:

I asked this earlier. Is there a significance to the white poles in crowns show? I wasn't sure I was getting how they were meticulously placed on the field.

They are deconstructing the field and moving the lines. The shadows have finally been put in for the most part so you can see yard lines skewed and moved around much better now. The vertical ones do the same thing except going vertical instead of being on the field. They also have the shadow below to give that sense of the lines moving upward. Not finished yet but they've made strides on making that part of the show work.

• Like 2

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Why? What is the significance or message?

The show is about deconstruction. Losing your "sense of direction". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

The SCV guard adds tremendously to their show as a technical part of the integrated design (much like 2000's Cavaliers). Impacts are provided exactly where needed in the overall composition. It's a dazzling package, but a bit dry on the emotional side.

What BD's guard provides is massive quantities of personality and joy of performance to their show. The writing is so expressive and they sell it to the audience so well that I think it helps explain the various moods of the production, which ultimately gives GE a big boost. So in that way, they may make a more cruicial contribution, largely because the overall BD show is more free form than precise.

I really don't think the BD guard is executing that well yet. This one was they best they have been, and they didn't drop tons like they have been, but there is still a lot of fuzz to clean.

Well, they won in achievement and were behind in substance, so I don't know how those marks relate to your posts. Great guards for both of them, but I think SCV's guard adds more than BD's. I think either unit can win best guard this year, but it will probably be BD.

2 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

DCP%20Percussion%20071817.jpeg

Meaningless Eye candy alert, Current percussion rankings.

People like you are the reason other fans refuse to come on here.  You do realize you are rooting against kids.  What a waste of flesh you are.  Thank God you aren't a friend of mine.

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Well, they won in achievement and were behind in substance, so I don't know how those marks relate to your posts. Great guards for both of them, but I think SCV's guard adds more than BD's. I think either unit can win best guard this year, but it will probably be BD.

You are talking about little picture, one judge's opinion at this particular show. I'm talking about big picture overall course of the season. We'll see how it plays out at the end. 

How cool is it that there are 4 corps who could get 1st this year? 

I think these seasons are a lot more fun to watch than one where you know who's going to win in June. 

6 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Agree 100%. And the show is very fan friendly. IMO they use those giant props better than anyone else this year. That show deserves to win.

They've got the show- now the performers have to go out and get it.  That's a big part of the reason I love these technically challenging run and gun productions.  It's on the performers to execute. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeBD said:

People like you are the reason other fans refuse to come on here.  You do realize you are rooting against kids.  What a waste of flesh you are.  Thank God you aren't a friend of mine.

Hmm, Wow. Strong response. How did my post of percussion score ranking equates to rooting against kids, well....technically their adults as most are over 18....did I miss something?

3 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

For what it's worth, NakedEye has some really fantastic insights into the way guard is judged. Don't get hung up on one judge's score, that too at a TOC show

• Like 1

Just now, Trumpet2 said:

How cool is it that there are 4 corps who could get 1st this year? 

I think these seasons are a lot more fun to watch than one where you know who's going to win in June. 

I've felt this way the last 3-4 years now. Yeah, I'm obviously going to root for Crown as an alum but I haven't felt for a second that the "wrong corps" won any of the last few years. I think there have been multiple championship worthy shows and even though only one can get that gold, I think we're the ones benefiting from such great stuff being put out on the field. This is just another year of that trend...

• Like 4