TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

4 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I see what you mean.  One deconstructs and rediscovers, another exists within a looper some sort,  the other changes into something else.  At least their approaches are different and unique in their own way.    

Exactly :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

The SCV guard adds tremendously to their show as a technical part of the integrated design (much like 2000's Cavaliers). Impacts are provided exactly where needed in the overall composition. It's a dazzling package, but a bit dry on the emotional side.

What BD's guard provides is massive quantities of personality and joy of performance to their show. The writing is so expressive and they sell it to the audience so well that I think it helps explain the various moods of the production, which ultimately gives GE a big boost. So in that way, they may make a more cruicial contribution, largely because the overall BD show is more free form than precise.

I really don't think the BD guard is executing that well yet. This one was they best they have been, and they didn't drop tons like they have been, but there is still a lot of fuzz to clean.

Agree. Excited to see SCV's guard surging on the football field this year, too. In WGI they're a major player, much moreso than in the summer—til maybe this year!

I love BD's guard year to year... But they've been weird with execution this year. "Bumblebee" is still killing them. I don't think they should be on top right now. 

• Like 2

Just now, jmc5682 said:

BD must have had an awful night in percussion.  They were only 2 tenths behind Bloo at Drums along the Rockies 6 tenths behind Bloo tonight.  

Maybe. Way too soon to panic though. I'm going to give the San Antonio scores considerably more weight than tonight's. TOC scores can be a little whacky.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmc5682 said:

BD must have had an awful night in percussion.  They were only 2 tenths behind Bloo at Drums along the Rockies 6 tenths behind Bloo tonight.  

That could have something to do with that fact that Crown and SCV weren't present at DATR so the spreads were tighter at DATR

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Seriously, the discussion has been pretty civil the last few pages.

This will always be my favorite gif 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmc5682 said:

Well I'm not a percussion expert, but I could hear some issues with timing etc. tonight that I don't remember hearing earlier this year.  With the caliber of shows/level of performance these corps put these days, I'm not surprised when someone has an off night. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

That could have something to do with that fact that Crown and SCV weren't present at DATR so the spreads were tighter at DATR

Could be.  But when you have more peer competition, you will have a natural slotting efffect - which could theoretically widen the gap between BD and the caption leader.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Sweet Fancy Moses..Flo once again dropped a big one huh? Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes. Flo had a bad run tonite. Poor Visual Analysis and Visual Perf.  Judges all agreed too.

Everybody hopes they'll have a better performance at San Antonio.

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

Could be.  But when you have more peer competition, you will have a natural slotting efffect - which could theoretically widen the gap between BD and the caption leader.   

That's exactly what I meant to say, but didn't get it across properly

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That does make sense.  San Antonio will give us all a better understanding of where things really stand.  

• Like 1