FLO REFUND

Just now, Stu said:

If HBO advertised the movie, solicited and accepted your fee by having you sign a contract stating that they are not responsible for technical glitches, and then 'deliberately sabotaged' the broadcast with no intent to provide you with excellent service, then that would be fraud-fleecing.

If HBO advertised the movie, solicited and accepted your fee by having you sign a contract stating that they are not responsible for technical glitches, and then those glitches unfortunately occurred during the broadcast 'with no intent by HBO to deliberately crash the broadcast', then that would be a technical malfunction (not) fraud-fleecing.

Demonstrate where Flomarching 'intentionally' crashed the live streams and I will be 100% on board with you in barking for legal action concerning defrauding-fleecing the customers!!!  Otherwise, if you are one who paid for the live-stream that had technical difficulties, you are just upset that you did not read disclaimer #6 prior to signing the contract agreement.

Oh, and for your last 'glad' remark; it is my pleasure to provide you with actual facts which define stealing and fraud, not just opinion.

Do you work for Flo? 

Oh that is right .. go back to page so and so post 123456 and read your credentials. 

Thanks for the info Judge. 

:whistle::peek:

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

I don't care about Flo or DCI's gross margins. It's there for those who can't afford to see a show live and in person. It's silly that people want money back. Some cry about Flo like they had to break their piggy bank to purchase the subscription. If you can't afford it don't purchase it. If you do purchase it look at the cost as a donation just like when you purchase a ticket and the show is rained out. If it doesn't meet your expectations cancel it and wait for your corps show to show up on YouTube, but quit poor mouthing the provider for taking your money and giving you crap in return. It was still better than watching the local news. 

It appears to me that you don't understand how DCI works.

Your comparison to a rain-out is just silly.  No one can control the weather, but Flo is paid to control the broadcast.  And Flo is a for-profit company; why would I feel good about making a "charitable contribution" to a for-profit contribution?

So you're OK if those with little money pay for a service that provides a crappy product?  What concern does that show for "...those who can't afford to see a show live"?  Is watching crappy Flo productions similar to going to a live show in your world?

"...quit poor mouthing the provider for taking your money and giving you crap in return."  Does this actually work in your world?

My local news has both video and audio, synced up nicely, and delivered on time and as expected.  That sounds better to me than Flo learning about drum corps with my nickel.

12 minutes ago, E3D said:

Do you work for Flo? 

Oh that is right .. go back to page so and so post 123456 and read your credentials. 

Nope I do not work for Flo; I am merely one who seeks and accepts the truth.  FYI: Here is the difference between facts and opinion; Fact is where there is intent to defraud defines fleecing;  Opinion is making the observation that the way you have the two emojies arranged in order it looks like a perv whistling at someone trying to hide.  And again, you're welcome!

Edited by Stu

11 minutes ago, E3D said:

Do you work for Flo? 

He was providing straight facts and you decided to have a childish and stupid response. 

_WbgEJFSV-j3mu9jh3ivI1jzoMdF8oN1Bj-YpgEE

• Like 1

Look, I seriously doubt anyone at Flo is pleased with what is happening with either audio or video. Drum corps seems like a pretty easy thing to do until you actually have to do it. Everyone who has ever come into this activity from the outside has gotten significant aspects of covering dci wrong, and had to learn on the job.

Where is our reality tv show this year?

I am neither excusing the qualify of what we are buying, nor am I assuming Flo is happy with it. They signed this agreement with the clear intent to make marching arts central to their mission as an organization. It isn't going great right now. It is on them to get there as quickly as humanly possible, even if it costs them money in the short term. DCI knows that if this continues, DCI will be on the hook with its members, namely us and the corps. 

It may well be that we don't have enough potential eyeballs to afford a true high level streaming service. I have already learned the hard way, if you plan to watch a Flo event, you absolutely cannot do it via any network other than true high speed. DSL or even LTE won't cut it. At all. They do not have the throughput or bandwidth. That really concerns me for finals, because we all know that the traffic we are seeing from a weekday show is nothing compared to what will happen in Indy.

I don't know if the audio situation in Broken Arrow was similar to other Flo events. Not talking about audio not being on, but rather the volume and dynamic range. That is fixable, but not with three standard issue sideline field microphones.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

He was providing straight facts and you decided to have a childish and stupid response. 

_WbgEJFSV-j3mu9jh3ivI1jzoMdF8oN1Bj-YpgEE

In the caption under the clip I do believe the word 'with' has been left out; just sayin'.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Look, I seriously doubt anyone at Flo is pleased with what is happening with either audio or video. Drum corps seems like a pretty easy thing to do until you actually have to do it. Everyone who has ever come into this activity from the outside has gotten significant aspects of covering dci wrong, and had to learn on the job.

Where is our reality tv show this year?

I am neither excusing the qualify of what we are buying, nor am I assuming Flo is happy with it. They signed this agreement with the clear intent to make marching arts central to their mission as an organization. It isn't going great right now. It is on them to get there as quickly as humanly possible, even if it costs them money in the short term. DCI knows that if this continues, DCI will be on the hook with its members, namely us and the corps. 

It may well be that we don't have enough potential eyeballs to afford a true high level streaming service. I have already learned the hard way, if you plan to watch a Flo event, you absolutely cannot do it via any network other than true high speed. DSL or even LTE won't cut it. At all. They do not have the throughput or bandwidth. That really concerns me for finals, because we all know that the traffic we are seeing from a weekday show is nothing compared to what will happen in Indy.

I don't know if the audio situation in Broken Arrow was similar to other Flo events. Not talking about audio not being on, but rather the volume and dynamic range. That is fixable, but not with three standard issue sideline field microphones.

Doesn't DCI use a different crew for Championship Week? I highly doubt the stream people see in theatres is through Flo

59 minutes ago, mountaineers97 said:

Unfortunately that has become the norm.  Not just here but the Internet in general.  Not to get political but even major news organizations  (both liberal and conservative ) pretty much are retracting stories daily.  I remember when almost all retractions were due to misprint or getting a minor fact like a person's middle initial wrong was all you ever saw.  Now whole stories end up being false or mostly false.  The lines between opinion and fact have been mostly erased in today's social media environment. 

So, the breaking newsflash on all the news and blog sites that George Hopkins and Curious George have been unmasked as being one in the same is likely fake news?  Dang-it!!

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Well, wait.  If I order a steak medium rare and it comes out burnt, am I entitled to a refund for the restaurant failing to deliver as promised?  

If I turn on the Flo-cast and it sucks, if I turn it off (and don't eat any more) can I send the steak back get my money back?

Lastly, I think comparing DCI or Flo to the cable companies is overly-harsh.  I think you're mistaken to believe that the people at DCI or Flo simply don't care about those who buy their service.  There are real human people answering phones at both places - to presume they are faceless corporations like cable companies mischaracterizes both the truth and the intent and motivations of both entities, IMO.

That doesn't say that Flo is worth a darn (I was pleased early-on) but it doesn't confirm that both of them "don't care".

We can agree to disagree 

42 minutes ago, garfield said:

It appears to me that you don't understand how DCI works.

Your comparison to a rain-out is just silly.  No one can control the weather, but Flo is paid to control the broadcast.  And Flo is a for-profit company; why would I feel good about making a "charitable contribution" to a for-profit contribution?

So you're OK if those with little money pay for a service that provides a crappy product?  What concern does that show for "...those who can't afford to see a show live"?  Is watching crappy Flo productions similar to going to a live show in your world?

"...quit poor mouthing the provider for taking your money and giving you crap in return."  Does this actually work in your world?

My local news has both video and audio, synced up nicely, and delivered on time and as expected.  That sounds better to me than Flo learning about drum corps with my nickel.

While I agree with your premise, I think your news example might be a bit off. News organizations deliver their product using millions of dollars worth of a equipment with different delivery methods. And while live streaming has come a long long way in the past 3 or 4 years, it's still not a perfect delivery system for everyone. That said, Flo still has issues to fix. Let's see how they do this weekend.