TOC/NightBEAT Winston-Salem, NC - July 30

1 minute ago, Phillygwm said:

It's hard to understand the reasoning behind the TOC lineups.  Originally, it was the top 7-8 from the prior year.  This show has 13, including several who missed finals.  Not sure how it's arrived at.

This show has the corps that couldn't fit in the show yesterday plus the "G7"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I just wish Blue Knights were here. We'd get these "OH...I GET IT NOW!" posts.

LMAO.   so true..

3 minutes ago, Phillygwm said:

It's hard to understand the reasoning behind the TOC lineups.  Originally, it was the top 7-8 from the prior year.  This show has 13, including several who missed finals.  Not sure how it's arrived at.

The corps that are on AFTER intermission are the corps that were orginally scheduled for the TOC show when the tour schedule was first planned/announced. The corps that were on BEFORE int. were added after the Georgia show had to downsize due to a change in stadiums.

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 1

Great show, Academy!! Just fantastic music selections and arrangements. Maybe not quite the effect of last year's show, but there is nothing in this show I dislike. The music is fun, engaging, the outfits are well done, the guard is fun, and the pit is having a blast. And yes, this show reminds me a little of the 1992 Velvet Knights. Musically at least. It's not slapstick the way VK was, but the way those arrangements were constructs really made me miss VK. We need a drum corps that tackles comedy once again.  At any rate, congrats Academy!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phillygwm said:

This show was originally the "magnificent seven" plus Academy.  When ATL had to be cut back due to the dome issue, they added the corps cut from Saturday to today.

The Academy was the first of the shows tonight that didn't really grab me from Flo high cam POV. I can't articulate why, but something isn't there. Loved 2016. Maybe I have that too firmly in mind?

5 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

How did they determine positioning for this event? Not sure why Academy is positioned here. 

Academy is here because they were supposed to be the one non-G7 corps represented at this show before the Atlanta show got moved to a high school stadium, causing some corps to be moved to Winston-Salem instead. Because all 7 of the G7 corps are in attendance, and because 6 corps were added to the lineup, Academy got placed before INT.

Are we getting the sound from commercials with a shot of the field live?  

Oh there they finally switched it over..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, awunderlich said:

That's twice now!!!

Need a mop yet:sigh:

it's more like 52, I dig em and usually are with them