William "Allen's Town" - Friday Night - Aug 4th, 2017

Just now, MikeRapp said:

I actually feel the opposite. SCV's show has so much subtlety and complexity on every level.

Interesting. I enjoy both shows, I just feel like BD is going to pull away from them.

Either way, what a year for both organizations.

• Like 4

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Ditto! Already got them luggage ready on the guest room bed.  

I couldn't pack them all ... I have to wear one Monday at Massillon!

• Like 1

"Best visual ever written."

I've read that multiple times on here.

Anyone who's written that's care to explain how? I've seen decades worth of drum corps and performed a decades worth of drill to compare the Blue Devils performance to and I just can't come up with anything.

This is coming from a very analytical person. I see and hear what a world class drum corps is. So don't call me a hater or someone who just doesn't get it.

I simply can't wrap my head around the scores they are receiving content wise. If anyone has tapes or dictation they are willing to share, I'd love to learn what the judges are saying.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Have never seen BD's drill so dirty the week before nationals.  SCV's got a a real shot at it next Sat. SCV will beat BD in drums and GE.  Horns will be very close.  It comes down to visual execution and guard.  If SCV can stay within .2 in guard and the visual judge is honest about how dirty BD is compared to SCV, SCV will win finals.

Edited by 27Socal
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alcubierre said:

do Cadets2 march G's? I have no clue what they do over in dca

Are they DCA or OC?  I thought they were like BDB, SCVC, et al. 

What is BD doing? Are they sticking there necks out and blowing some sound? Yes. That is some awesome work that they have decided to show us. Again, I am not a BD fanatic but I know when good is good and they are pounding it out. I hope SCV is able to close the gap but with what I saw tonight it is going to be a tough order.