William "Allen's Town" - Friday Night - Aug 4th, 2017

Troopers, I got a bit worried when "Nessun Dorma" began. Puccini is at his best when performed as is, but when the entire corps began performing after the soloists, you pulled it off well. Pavarotti is smiling from Heaven.

4 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

My favorite part about tarps in drum corps?  The "swoosh swoosh" sound of dozens of peoples feet shuffling across them.

Does it trigger ASMR? It does for me, but only if the swoosh swooshing is synchronized.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

They don't offer it a la carte.  Not buying full HBO for one show. 

http://www.watchfree.to/?tv

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I think Colts and Troopers are starting to really clean well but I still think Mandarins show is definitely a good tier above them, especially visually from a design standpoint.  

I'm sure you're right. I can get excited by one or two things - which I do in each of those shows - and just think they're all on the same level. And yes, under threat of penalty, I'd say Mandarins certainly tops them.

10 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

They don't offer it a la carte.  Not buying full HBO for one show. 

HBO Now though- $10 a month.  It's not bad! Cut cable and get netflix and that.  You're set

Edited by Kevin.

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Troopers, I got a bit worried when "Nessun Dorma" began. Puccini is at his best when performed as is, but when the entire corps began performing after the soloists, you pulled it off well. Pavarotti is smiling from Heaven.

It's even more nerve-wracking when you know that another well-known drum corps has performed the song twice in two different eras and both versions were equally impactful.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

so who in here is gearing up for the High school band season?

• Like 1