William "Allen's Town" - Saturday Night - Aug 5th, 2017

31 minutes ago, quijeros said:

I can hate on Crown's design all I want, but I'll recognize they have the best hornline in the activity, hands down. They're marching and playing their ##### off out there.

Crown marches and plays their butts off EVERY year.  That's why we all love Crown!!!

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

2016 actually. Switched teams they actually respect us. 

and thanks for all you've done for Cadets over the years (and other corps)

it really is a business of relationships- that is extremely true.

• Like 1

So...I'm here to show a little love for those corps that go out, put on a great show, work very hard, and aren't in the "always talked about" top 15.  Marching Members from corps like Pioneer, Guardians, Cascades, Jersey Surf, etc have to overcome some very large battles & deserve a little love :)  These members go out and give it their all - with the same grueling schedule as the other corps.  The struggle they face each time they listen to the scores and realize they are still at the bottom, despite their best efforts, is very real & yet they still find the strength to go out & perform the next show.  The mountain can be a longer, harder climb when you have to start at the base - and though you may not reach the summit, that doesn't mean you didn't climb higher, faster, harder than anyone else.  

To everyone in the corps who are feeling frustrated or down, keep your chin up!  The world is taking notice of you and you are all in this journey together.  #MarchOn

• Like 9

Just now, DCIat14 said:

So...I'm here to show a little love for those corps that go out, put on a great show, work very hard, and aren't in the "always talked about" top 15.  Marching Members from corps like Pioneer, Guardians, Cascades, Jersey Surf, etc have to overcome some very large battles & deserve a little love :)  These members go out and give it their all - with the same grueling schedule as the other corps.  The struggle they face each time they listen to the scores and realize they are still at the bottom, despite their best efforts, is very real & yet they still find the strength to go out & perform the next show.  The mountain can be a longer, harder climb when you have to start at the base - and though you may not reach the summit, that doesn't mean you didn't climb higher, faster, harder than anyone else.  

To everyone in the corps who are feeling frustrated or down, keep your chin up!  The world is taking notice of you and you are all in this journey together.  #MarchOn

well said - that group of corps was fantastic and all much improved from 2016

Mandarins still got a shot, but it's looking a bit grim now. This week is gonna be fun as always. I'm most looking forward to finally seeing open class live though.