William "Allen's Town" - Saturday Night - Aug 5th, 2017

20 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Don't forget cash.   I bet Mandarins have spent as much on their show stuff as anyone this year (except perhaps Bluecoats and Blue Devils).   And that's part of the issue with drum corps these days - it's a revenue driven activity.  If you want to be in finals, you have to spend to be in finals.  If you want to contend for a medal, you have to spend to content for a medal.    But, this is a topic for another day, another thread...

its true in all successful endeavors. Most of the top sports teams, amateur or pro have great resources, state of the art training facilities, 1st rate, well paid instructional staffers, great organizational know how, superior, selfless teamwork, and well thought out and implemented strategic planning to allow them to succeed and prosper in the competitive arena.

Edited by BRASSO

9 hours ago, CorpwithanS said:

Ohio

"Today we welcomed Grammy Award-winning singer Virginia Warnken, Mezzo-Soprano to the Boston Crusaders to share her expertise wit h our vocalist, Aubrie Dentino. Thanks for coming out and singing with us today!"

No Memorex or autotune here.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and outdoor

Edited by CorpwithanS
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, CorpwithanS said:

"Today we welcomed Grammy Award-winning singer Virginia Warnken, Mezzo-Soprano to the Boston Crusaders to share her expertise wit h our vocalist, Aubrie Dentino. Thanks for coming out and singing with us today!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and outdoor

on June 16th

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

on June 16th

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

on June 16th

'Ankhs' George. They fly her in bimonthly....

2fd1cb6919a99faa1808dfba0c7731a6--luxury

Edited by CorpwithanS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Mandarins had neither their Brass line nor their Percussion line in the top 16 in Allentown. ( Drums 19th.. Brass 17th ). But it just demonstrates how far an adult crafted show design can carry a Corps up the ranks of DCI these days now. Mandarins are sitting in 13th place, just out of range it seems of a Finalist spot., but not by much. Their Visuals gave them a real shot at making Finals this year if only either their Brass and/ or or their Percussion line was just a tad better marcher performance wise this season.

Academy has been slowly closing the gap and is now less than a tenth behind Mandarins. There is a strong chance they'll be over taken

• Like 1

Longer review of all three nights (Chester, Allentowns 1 and 2) coming soon, but some quick thoughts...

23 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

Boston buried them

Since when was 0.35 burying? That's one good Cadets run and a flat Boston run away from being the same swing in the opposite direction.

23 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I have much to say about scores but I'm just gonna keep it to myself.  

I actually had very, VERY few judging beefs when it came to overall scores and spreads this weekend. Some captions are certainly questionable, but 99% of the time another caption seemed to balance out that. I will say that 1) I expected Vanguard to be about 0.2 to 0.3 higher. I think they are closer to BD than they are to Crown and 2) the 9-12 spreads are a little off to me. I'd have Phantom a tad further ahead, with Crossmen 10th, Blue Stars 11th, and Madison in striking range in 12th. I can understand the placement of Crossmen given the small gap between Stars and Phantom, but I do think they fit in there.

12 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

Go Bucks

Bolier Up, Bear Down, and Go Owls!

9 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Since when was 0.35 burying? That's one good Cadets run and a flat Boston run away from being the same swing in the opposite direction.

If there was any chance in h_ll for Cadets to beat BAC it was in A-Town their home town and back yard and BAC following Cadets.  In my mind they got buried not in terms of scores but in hope. 

Now Cadets need to be more concerned about what's in their rear view mirror instead of those in front. 

On 8/6/2017 at 0:50 AM, snare_guy_83 said:

That's just Ensemble. Total ranks from Allentown...

1. Vanguard - 19.25
  2. Blue Devils - 18.925
  3. Cavaliers - 18.80
  4. Crown - 18.725
  5. Bluecoats - 18.60
  6. Boston - 18.525
  7. Cadets - 18.025
  8. Blue Knights - 17.975

Appreciate the correction. :-)

But Bluecoats though. And The Cadets this season.

Edited by Jeffe77

1 minute ago, Jeffe77 said:

Appreciate he correction. :-)

But Bluecoats though. And The Cadets this season.

I'm surprised at Bloo's content scores. Feel that there is more demand this year than last.
I also wonder from a field judge perspective, if being on and passing through the stage hurts them as a judge isn't going to go go up on the stage or though it. Could this be a reason for content scores? Are the judges not getting enough time in from of the battery?