BRING BACK BUGLES!!!

7 minutes ago, GlassmenBtone said:

The answer the shills here always gave was because they were too expensive, its easier for kids to learn b flat instruments, its easier to resell the current horns. Of course this was all a lie by people who want to see drum corps die

Queue the music from X Files

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GlassmenBtone said:

Same to you brother! Long live bugle lines and making the audience #### their pants with the force of your sound!!!!

Yep, and the first person who put valves on those real bugles started us down this road of perversion which has brought us to this unholy situation today!!!!! Glory Be, and slap that knee!!!

14 minutes ago, Just Here said:

Serious question. What was the catalyst for moving away from the 3 valve bugle?

So that Yamaha, King, Jupiter, etc can market the same brass used by the top corps to high school band directors; Garfield is correct, it was all about $$$$.

• Like 2

I have a few Gs in my arsenal...one day not long ago my kid was practicing on his corps Bb when he stopped, pulled the 2V G sop off the shelf and began playing again. Great tone and volume too. Two minutes later....

"OMG Dad this is awesome! Why did they ever get rid of these??" 

He is a wise Jedi Padawan.

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, GlassmenBtone said:

Let’s dispel with this fiction that DCI didn't know what they were doing when they switched away from bugles. They knew exactly what they were doing

Image result for let us dispel of this notion

FYI.  Politics is the quickest way to kill a thread...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I believe it's much more practical and affordable.  And easier to unload the multi key instruments than bugles in resale.  That's how I bought my Yamaha mellophone.  

I played an Olds ultratone stubby v/r French horn bugle the entire duration of my junior corps years.  I played a 3-v kanstul french horn bugle in all-age corps one year.  I played a 3-v dynasty mellophone bugle in alumni corps for two years.  I bought and played a Yamaha mellophone in F in 2012 just for ##### and giggles.  Best horn I ever played. 

Yep, there's a reason they call em dyNASTY. Yamaha mellos are the best mellos.

• Like 2