2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

So I'm not watching at theater tonight... when will scores for Phantom and BK be released?

Just now, wesleyrp said:

So I'm not watching at theater tonight... when will scores for Phantom and BK be released?

Most likely at the end of the night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Most likely at the end of the night.

I always thought they announced scores for the corps as they went

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, restNrepeat said:

Also, the class board members are the directors. That's odd to me. ...

Also, are there consequences to a Corp for needing a "bail out"?  How often does a Corp need to be bailed out? How do they decide who gets bailed out? The board members who are the directors? What happens when other corps need to be bailed out? Are the funds just there for that? Are there consequences to this so that it doesn't become an issue with others?

DCI is the corps. This is true in both Open Class and World Class. True of DCA also. Back in 1964 and 1971, a bunch of senior and junior corps, respectively, decided that they were tired of dealing with show organizers and circuits, each had their own agendas, rules, and financial arrangements, and founded DCA and then DCI.

I have no idea whether DCI keeps any emergency funds to help corps in need. If they do, I'm sure they have a procedure in place for determining how to allocate that money.

As for Legends, there was a huge thread about their situation in this forum. Started by DrumManTX a few weeks ago on the night they announced they needed to raise $100,000 in a hurry. Lots of people here contributed. A number of people here also said this incident raised concerns about Legends' management. You should read that discussion.

• Like 3