2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Well I sure do. Esp after this season.

You guys tend to confuse pedagogy with musicianship 

1 hour ago, war eagle said:

I'd never put CC in the same realm of BD.

As lemonade-makers?

(Which was the subject under discussion.)

9 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

DCI is the corps. This is true in both Open Class and World Class. True of DCA also. Back in 1964 and 1971, a bunch of senior and junior corps, respectively, decided that they were tired of dealing with show organizers and circuits, each had their own agendas, rules, and financial arrangements, and founded DCA and then DCI.

I have no idea whether DCI keeps any emergency funds to help corps in need. If they do, I'm sure they have a procedure in place for determining how to allocate that money.

As for Legends, there was a huge thread about their situation in this forum. Started by DrumManTX a few weeks ago on the night they announced they needed to raise $100,000 in a hurry. Lots of people here contributed. A number of people here also said this incident raised concerns about Legends' management. You should read that discussion.

Thank you. I'm learning my way around the site and I find this all so interesting. Inquiring mind learning or nosey one but I can't help it, i want to know about it all. Lol 

Edited by restNrepeat

9 minutes ago, war eagle said:

You guys tend to confuse pedagogy with musicianship 

We guys can understand what we see and hear. I am no fan of this year's Crown show but they are the best brass line in the activity and march with unmatched precision. They made this sows ear into a silk purse.

• Like 1