Boston Crusaders 2018

45 minutes ago, craiga said:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! BAC now only 1.6 behind Bluecoats!  Waldo's teeth are getting sharper every night!  So proud of all of you GIANTS!!! Even Max is excited!!

You sound just slightly excited... lol

I would have loved to have been at lynn and cranston...

I will see them again on the 5th in Clifton though...

Setting my bias aside... this is the best rendition of BAC I've personally witnessed in my lifetime..

I would not want to be in the camp of betting against them this season...

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

You sound just slightly excited... lol

I would have loved to have been at lynn and cranston...

I will see them again on the 5th in Clifton though...

Setting my bias aside... this is the best rendition of BAC I've personally witnessed in my lifetime..

I would not want to be in the camp of betting against them this season...

They haven’t even fired up the afterburners yet. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

I will see them again on the 5th in Clifton ..

For your homework, I want a full report, on my desk, Mr. Liahona, And fully charge that cell phone of yours, and don't be late to class anymore, you understand ?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

After seeing Boston live in Lawrence & Lynn. I think Wicked was a better show design than SOS, but the corps is way stronger this year, especially the horn line (IMO). Let's see how this show improves in the next few weeks..

Wicked Games achieved instant connection for many people.  It was a fast ride through a dark side of human nature.  The emotions and moods were very relateable.  The history of Salem provided important context for the show.  

S.O.S., so far, has felt emotionally almost sterile to me, and I'm trying to understand why.  I've seen the show live several times and can appreciate the great proficiency on display, but emotionally it comes across as too abstract.  Is it the lack of context?  Is it because we have no sense of who the characters are, why they are stranded, and why we should care?  I'm not sure.  Marimba Spiritual totally kicks a## and may be my favorite part of any show this year (move those tenors up front for the ending of it!).  Other moments when I feel something include when the last few people are slaughtered, and the hit in Castaway / Amazing Grace that the hornline plays while lying down.  No doubt the designers have more coming.  Others have said the ending brings them to tears, so it's definitely reaching some people.  

5 hours ago, Ediker said:

Wicked Games achieved instant connection for many people.  It was a fast ride through a dark side of human nature.  The emotions and moods were very relateable.  The history of Salem provided important context for the show.  

S.O.S., so far, has felt emotionally almost sterile to me, and I'm trying to understand why.  I've seen the show live several times and can appreciate the great proficiency on display, but emotionally it comes across as too abstract.  Is it the lack of context?  Is it because we have no sense of who the characters are, why they are stranded, and why we should care?  I'm not sure.  Marimba Spiritual totally kicks a## and may be my favorite part of any show this year (move those tenors up front for the ending of it!).  Other moments when I feel something include when the last few people are slaughtered, and the hit in Castaway / Amazing Grace that the hornline plays while lying down.  No doubt the designers have more coming.  Others have said the ending brings them to tears, so it's definitely reaching some people.  

No doubt the designers have more coming.

oh yeah.:exclamation:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

After seeing Boston live in Lawrence & Lynn. I think Wicked was a better show design than SOS, but the corps is way stronger this year, especially the horn line (IMO). Let's see how this show improves in the next few weeks..

Last year those of us in the Boston area did not have the chance to see BAC in Lawrence, Lynn, or Cranston, and based in many DCP comments, the focus was not yet on the quality of the show as much as the huge improvement of the corps. Key elements such as the ending I do not believe were in place until San Antonio or at least just prior to San Antonio. This year BAC started where they finished.  Right now I’m finding the show intriguing but I also believe we will see more of an emotional pull as the season progresses.

• Like 2

Happy Fourth and safe travels BAC with this awesome start to the season!

So proud of you all. Carry on, Giants and have fun towards the finish. :185_footprints:

tortoise-hare.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Ediker said:

Maybe look at it this way; opening scene stranded on a beach, an island.  It doesn't matter who how or why, only what follows.  The show is in three acts.  First is about loss and being lost, second is turmoil and the beginning of discovery, third is being found, salvation.  The entire story is being told with development within each act leading to the next act.  There are distinctions in each act that do make one different than the other but the story is told as a total story. 

I think you will see a lot of development over the next few weeks.  This week imo seems to be about working on performance level (with some changes made and 6-7 performances in 8-9 days).  There will be longer breaks between shows to layer and change. I expect by their next Lawrence show, this show will be signicantly different in elements and performance quality.  Judges are realizing the horn line and drum lines are pretty darn good.

• Like 3

Thanks for taking the time to lay it out., @LabMaster.

15 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Maybe look at it this way; opening scene stranded on a beach, an island.  It doesn't matter who how or why, only what follows.

I get that's what I'm supposed to do.  There's just not the same hook in as WG (innocent youths dancing in the forest thrust into persecution for personal gain).  Maybe it's because there was a lot of media preparation for WG (teasers, trailers) that included music and explanation.  There was nearly zero of that this year.  

17 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

he show is in three acts.  First is about loss and being lost, second is turmoil and the beginning of discovery, third is being found, salvation.  The entire story is being told with development within each act leading to the next act.  There are distinctions in each act that do make one different than the other but the story is told as a total story. 

Thank you.  I forgot this.  The delineations between the acts is a bit blurred.

18 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I think you will see a lot of development over the next few weeks.  This week imo seems to be about working on performance level (with some changes made and 6-7 performances in 8-9 days).  There will be longer breaks between shows to layer and change. I expect by their next Lawrence show, this show will be signicantly different in elements and performance quality.

I'm certain of it!  

19 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Judges are realizing the horn line and drum lines are pretty darn good.

They are pretty darn good, and better, they realize they can't let up.  I'm looking forward to seeing them some more this year.  Corps we love.  

• Like 1

Interesting comments. Haven’t gotten to see BAC live yet, just on video 

it’s going to be interesting to see how the corps line up when they are all together 

personally right now I’d put Boston in fifth ahead of Cavaliers

the gaps at the first regional will be telling 

the quality of Boston in all captions will help them late season imo, particularly the guard 

• Like 1