Boston Crusaders 2018

45 minutes ago, craiga said:

Michael was the DM in 1983 when BAC had 51 total members....he lead the corps both on an off the field. His "never quit" attitude not only saved the drum corps that summer but has shaped generations of corps members  (and staff, volunteers, etc) ever since.  When he announced in 2015 that "BAC" would now stand for "Building A Champion", some folks in the drum corps world snickered, but those of us who know him knew better.  This man, along with the rest of this BOD and the outstanding corps director will absolutely build this drum corps into a champion. It is only a matter of time. 

It was no small task to harness the B.A. attitude, and give it direction... without losing the passion and energy.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

Woodhull?

No... this is NOT Mike and Chris at the helm in the Woodhull.

Image result for picture of a luxury woodhull boat

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, xandandl said:

with most of the country in the 100's, there's Brasso and BAC making us jealous again. :laughing:

I was gonna use the famous Jaws movie quote on the pic above of the woodhull :  ... " You gotta get a bigger boat",  but decided not to push my luck.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Michael was the DM in 1983 when BAC had 51 total members....he lead the corps both on an off the field. His "never quit" attitude not only saved the drum corps that summer but has shaped generations of corps members  (and staff, volunteers, etc) ever since.  . 

Pic of Mike when he was DM of the Boston Crusaders in the 80's...  and 2nd picture Mike ( far left ) and Chris ( far right ) at this Spring's Boston's Fund Raiser and Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony with the 2018 Boston Crusaders  HOF Inductees.

Image may contain: 1 personImage may contain: one or more people and people standing

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Pic of Mike when he was DM of the Boston Crusaders in the 80's...  and 2nd picture Mike ( far left ) and Chris ( far right ) at this Spring's Boston's Fund Raiser and Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony with the 2018 Boston Crusaders  HOF Inductees.

Image may contain: 1 personImage may contain: one or more people and people standing

Every-time I see a picture of MW I start thinking about him and the rest of the staff in the bigggedy biggedy bagoooo = Winnebago 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, craiga said:

Michael was the DM in 1983 when BAC had 51 total members....he lead the corps both on an off the field. His "never quit" attitude not only saved the drum corps that summer but has shaped generations of corps members  (and staff, volunteers, etc) ever since.  When he announced in 2015 that "BAC" would now stand for "Building A Champion", some folks in the drum corps world snickered, but those of us who know him knew better.  This man, along with the rest of this BOD and the outstanding corps director will absolutely build this drum corps into a champion. It is only a matter of time. 

When North Star left the field, financial woes and recruiting were the tow major reasons mentioned, and while 27th was having some competitive challenges, most people in the area thought it would be temporary. It was predicted Boston Crusaders would be next, and with some of the challenges the corps faced, it was not a far fetched prediction. I think it's safe to say that Boston Crusaders survived the worst.

I was at the 2015 show where Mike said B.A,C means Building A Champion. I did not question the corps would get stronger financially, and I assumed there would be good, solid leadership. There had already been steps in that direction because as you know far better than I do, Mike Woodall and the board had been working for quite a while prior to 2015 to get things in motion. I assumed there would be better placement but Boston Crusaders placed as high as fifth, so again no surprise. What has caught me by surprise is how quickly these improvements have become a reality. It's been a lot of work for a while, bit it's great to see it become a reality. 

• Like 3