Boston Crusaders 2018

Heard they sung 'Giants' last night & all were very moved by it - it was quite an emotional experience for vets, staff, and rookies alike.  The vibe I get from this corps is they are all bonded & pretty tight knit.  I started seeing that in Florida & it sounds like they only gotten tighter.  Typically, this means great things for what goes on the field as they have already built that innate trust in each other.  Each section appears to not be a silo, but embracing & accepting other sections.  It's awesome to hear about & I am on pins & needles for what's to come.  ...waiting it hard! :)  Go #BAC!!  

"This Corps Is Made of Giants"  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Ah, the good ol days of macaroni/ cheese, or PB & J,'s a can of Budweiser and a Marlboro.... as " the main course " for supper... lol!

in junior drum corps????  Oh how the times have changed.  Smoking no longer allowed, even for the anxious guard members.

looking at that food, there is no way Ryan Williams sticks to his diet on tour

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, xandandl said:

in junior drum corps????  Oh how the times have changed.  Smoking no longer allowed, even for the anxious guard members.

I believe I had my last drag on a Marlboro at age 26. I'm from a Drum Corps era when just about every other guy in my Corps was smoking a cigarette... a Junior Corps. Once the Surgeon Generals report came out linking smoking to cancer, other health related issues, smoking plummeted.. with myself included in those plummeting numbers.

Just now, BRASSO said:

I believe I had my last drag on a Marlboro at age 26. I'm from a Drum Corps era when just about every other guy in my Corps was smoking a cigarette... a Junior Corps. Once the Surgeon Generals report came out linking smoking to cancer, other health related issues, smoking plummeted.. with myself included in those plummeting numbers.

I hope your plummeting is a good thing. What are you doing with all those saved monies? Chris may want to have another talk with you. Breathe easy.

12 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I hope your plummeting is a good thing. What are you doing with all those saved monies? Chris may want to have another talk with you. Breathe easy .

My wife gets most of it. It helps me to breathe easily.

1 hour ago, DCIat14 said:

Heard they sung 'Giants' last night & all were very moved by it - it was quite an emotional experience for vets, staff, and rookies alike.  The vibe I get from this corps is they are all bonded & pretty tight knit.  I started seeing that in Florida & it sounds like they only gotten tighter.  Typically, this means great things for what goes on the field as they have already built that innate trust in each other.  Each section appears to not be a silo, but embracing & accepting other sections.  It's awesome to hear about & I am on pins & needles for what's to come.  ...waiting it hard! :)  Go #BAC!!  

"This Corps Is Made of Giants"  

Nice. When I was up there last week, they ended their practice on the field with this as well.  I agree, DCIat 14, they seem tight knit. They're on schedule, working hard, working smart, and eager to get out there.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I marched with all kinds of smokers in junior corps.  In my first corps, they’d light up in the Horn arc. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I'm from a Drum Corps era when just about every other guy in my Corps was smoking a cigarette... a Junior Corps. 

I remember having rehearsal breaks not to get water but because the smoking lamp is lit. We often heard - that isn’t a drum corps that’s a gang playing drums and bugles. Pretty rough characters BITD in corps. Just saying. Good to know the history. We were hobby players. If you could read music you were looked at like you were an alien. LOL! How we won anything is beyond me. 

• Like 2