Cadets 2018

1 minute ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I didn't get that from your post.

cadets battery is much better as a whole than crown

crown has the better drill but not by miles; I don’t think Jeff’s style fits as well with crown

however I personally prefer Cadets musical arrangements

Read the rest of it and maybe try decaf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I didn't get that from your post.

cadets battery is much better as a whole than crown

crown has the better drill but not by miles; I don’t think Jeff’s style fits as well with crown

however I personally prefer Cadets musical arrangements

Ummm this is where we post about the Cadets - please don't be surprised by encouraging and optimistic posts here.

Edited by Shewhois
Contained a quote that wasn't needed
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I did read the rest of it. I'm not going to play your game. 

I mean if you want a Crown party, you could go ahead and head on over to the Crown thread. Not sure why you're surprised pro-Cadets commentary is being made in a pro-Cadets thread 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

why are you ragging on Crown. First of all Crowns  battery is probably their best line ever and I think Jeff's visual design fits Crowns very well this year.  Crowns Brass and Percussion is top 3 this year. Also, Cadets horn line is not even close to Crowns horn line so stop ragging on Crown. 

Touchy!  It was a polite, level-headed appraisement, relax. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

I don’t believe he was ragging. Crowns percussion ensemble is playing very well but there is little environmental or physical demands that equals that of BD, SCV or Blooo. It’s well written, but certainly not the same depth of writing as three or four other lines including Cadets. 

I’m a little tired of the brass acrobatics Crown continues to insert into their shows. Compared to Crown brass lines of the past, they’re not in my top five Crown brass performances  

Jeff’s Visual design may fit Crown but it’s certainly not one of his best designs. Share with me - where do you believe it rates in his all-time visual designs?

I won’t even comment on the prop choices they have made  

IMO Crown has been receiving brass and visual scores the last two seasons based more on past reputation and staff personalities then actual performance quality. Considering the many wonderful Crown productions I’ve witnessed and love, this years production wouldn’t make my top 10 Crown list. And no I’m not hating or ragging on Crown just saying it’s not meeting my expectations of them. 

Agree with you 100%. I feel like after the design staff saw this prop on America’s Got Talent they tried to come up with a theme to base a show off of it. The best they could do was add sound effects, costumes and call it “Beast”. Not on my list of favorites either. It’s almost like the judges are afraid to score this design lower. While I’d have the percussion and brass top 4 and right now they might be top 4 clean, this is not a top 4 show design (I’d put Cavies and Boston ahead of them for GE).

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mfrontz said:

Do you think that losing the caption head in the spring has anything to do with the guard being behind?

A little. But I don’t think they did a good job either. I just think the staging needs to be better and the guard needs to contribute more than just making their equipment go around in time. Think about BD or SCV- how much their guards contribute to the arc of the show. Cadets need to look at them and figure it out for the future. 

• Like 2