Cadets 2018

24 minutes ago, BigW said:

Jesus that's tight. :blink::exclamation:

Which is why I’m in favor of using the ordinal number system. I’m not convinced anyone can hear a tenth or two differences between these percussion ensembles, especially if you’re not even on the field. Tuning, acoustics and environmental demand, yet one has the ability to distinguish between lines. Yeah right 

1 minute ago, Jim Schehr said:

Which is why I’m in favor of using the ordinal number system. I’m not convinced anyone can hear a tenth or two differences between these percussion ensembles, especially if you’re not even on the field. Tuning, acoustics and environmental demand, yet one has the ability to distinguish between lines. Yeah right 

that could apply to every sheet. they were never set up to be "see all hear all"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

percussion will clearly be the most competitive sheet in DCI yet again this year

Agreed. There will be a few lines closely bunched at the top and four or five lines just outside that top bunch 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

How would an ordinal system solve that alleged problem?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, skevinp said:

How would an ordinal system solve that alleged problem?

I’m not here to hold your hand or answer your silly questions. Figure it out for yourself. 

I’m not here to hold your hand or answer your silly questions. Figure it out for yourself. 

Wasn't the ordinal system proposed at the Rules Congress by someone no longer to be named?

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

that could apply to every sheet. they were never set up to be "see all hear all"

True. Second place is second place. Doesn’t matter if it’s by .05 or 5.05. Scores smores 

Edited by Jim Schehr

Umm how is that a silly question? If you're going to assert there's a flaw with current judging and that a new system would be more effective, the new system better have a way to solve the issues with the previous format.

1 minute ago, Brass Lover said:

Umm how is that a silly question? If you're going to assert there's a flaw with current judging and that a new system would be more effective, the new system better have a way to solve the issues with the previous format.

maybe take this outside as we look on this thread about discussion of The Cadets. The kids deserve that.

• Like 2

I thought last year's percussion issues had more to do with the staging and position on the field? Poor design affected music scores. That's how a caption, while individually very talented, finishes 8th

Edited by Brass34
  • Like 1