Cadets 2018

1 minute ago, Brass Lover said:

Honestly, I thought the vic firth video was the most impressive I've seen so far. That'll compete nicely if they can get it clean. If the rest if the corps is like that the "top 6" better watch out. It's gonna be a good summer.

Yup it’s impressive for sure. Drumline moves really well too, and is staged better (based only on the one rehearsal I attended). For Cadets this summer is really about a fresh start in a positive direction 

• Like 2

I'm really looking forward to this summer!  For me, it's almost like a sigh of relief.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I think you mean “holy bass” lol 

Holy a lot of things.  That's some book.

7 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

True. Second place is second place. Doesn’t matter if it’s by .05 or 5.05. Scores smores 

the problem with ordinals now is with judges actually judging their own sheet, and recaps being all over the place, scores do matter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HBD said:

Unfortunately they have the same visual designer. Let's see if staging gets better with one year under his belt.

well he will have freedom to do his thing this year

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

During the past three decades there have been many Cadets mms and alums who have cheered on the Capitals.

As ST usually occurs during Cup playoffs and finals, many of us have witnessed their frustrations and stealth listening to the games during breaks and after hours. They have been faithful even while their team may have been fallen. Tonight all is forgiven as they have much to celebrate.

Congrats Caps fans. The Cup is yours. It was a great series.

From one championships winner to another...

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They all do.  Imagine all the unleashed creativity we’ll get to see! 

It's interesting reading the "poor percussion" staging comments

Even under the prior drill guy - THE prior drill guy - we all saw some very odd staging decisions under the prior dictator - oops "director"

2013 percussion was incredibly strong - and completely hidden from view. 2014 again, an awesome section that was kept in the back field almost the entire show. 2015 the drumline got down front a bit - but the feature was covered up with electronics. 2016 different drill guy - same issue. 2017 different drill guy - same issue. So - the constant was the dictator - not the drill guys. These experienced HS / drum corps drill guys aren't that stupid. Bobby has written many drills over the years - he knows what sections should have the visual focus during what parts of the show... Just look at his very cool DCA drill last year

so many odd decisions over so many years - this year has the potential to be such a breath of fresh air

Cadets 2018 drumline comes down front and spends the end of the opener on the fifty in front with the brass to side 2

• Like 3

The percussion gets a lot of love in regards to staging this year and the intensity of the book does not let up

• Like 4