The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

8 minutes ago, snare_guy_83 said:

Prediction: The Hans Zimmer piece will be "The Electro Suite" from Amazing Spiderman 2

Zimmer's and Horner's musical compositions, in particular, usually get a thumbs up from me. Crumb can be sufficiently edgy on the " edgy " side too ( thats for sure... lol ) So I'm interested in hearing what the Cavs do with these works this summer.

Edited by BRASSO

Is this the first time George Crumb will be used in DCI? I'm excited for it either way.

3 hours ago, snare_guy_83 said:

Prediction: The Hans Zimmer piece will be "The Electro Suite" from Amazing Spiderman 2

Just listened to it. Totally agree, especially since the background vocals/whispers refer to paranoia, agony, pulse and self torture. Think the dub section would make for a great Percussion feature and looking at the placement of Zimmer on the cavaliers composer list would make me think this as well (usually they place the composers in reference to show order).

we kind of have great ideas for most of the composers. Anyone wanna take s guess on the Horner and Kilar pieces?

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

I'm very interested in the original piece(s) being written for this show (Kinda of wish they had went back to a show with all original music..maybe one day ;) ) ...Also, I did not know the tour was not kicking off in Indy this year...why is that? 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Just listened to it. Totally agree, especially since the background vocals/whispers refer to paranoia, agony, pulse and self torture. Think the dub section would make for a great Percussion feature and looking at the placement of Zimmer on the cavaliers composer list would make me think this as well (usually they place the composers in reference to show order).

we kind of have great ideas for most of the composers. Anyone wanna take s guess on the Horner and Kilar pieces?

The show music  order isn't related to the composer list. The Horner piece isn't Battle Beyond the Stars, but that would be awesome. The Kilar piece is great and heard several times in the show. It will be done in a fresh way...

On 4/21/2018 at 12:00 PM, littlejaw said:

Yeah it looks to be in Adrian Michigan this year.

It seems I picked a good year to be moving back to Detroit!

On 4/23/2018 at 6:11 PM, The Greens said:

I'm very interested in the original piece(s) being written for this show (Kinda of wish they had went back to a show with all original music..maybe one day ;) )

I'm excited about them as well. This is going to be an exciting 6ear all around!