Blue Devils 2018

51 minutes ago, Photographer Jim said:

I have had the painting “Nighthawks” as my computer desktop picture for a number of years now. Now, the prospect of BD giving me a musical interpretation has me smiling ear to ear!  June can’t arrive soon enough!

I love that painting.  It’s so retro and has an almost film noir look. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yeah, that Fellinesque show did it for me, too.  

A lot of people revere that show for the big ol number it got, but I love that show for being the start of a more audience friendly Blue Devils. Hope this years show is no different.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

A lot of people revere that show for the big ol number it got, but I love that show for being the start of a more audience friendly Blue Devils. Hope this years show is no different.

I loved it because the ballad seemed to suck the air out of the stadium in the silent pauses between chords.

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I love it because the trumpets blew my face off. :laughing:

I saw Felliniesque at the Glendora show late June. It was BDs first show in SoCal that year so everyone was excited. There was this super nice couple, probably in their 50's that was in Chambersburg PA the night before where Bluecoats had performed. They was raving about Tilt, and how all of us was going to be blown away when we saw it, gold medal show, etc. Then BD performs few hours later.........when they finished blowing the house down, the couple just shook their heads in amazement and said the season is officially over, no show on earth including Tilt was beating Felliniesque. They said their goodbyes to all of us and left. Crazy part was BD had went on before SCV that night. They didn't even stay for Vanguard!

I went to my first DCI show in 1986 at the age of nine. I have seen some amazing performances over the years from numerous corps SCV 89, Cavies 02, Cadets 05, and Phantom 08 just to name a few. But Felliniesque is the only show that had just about everyone in the crowd saying the same thing........"That was the greatest performance I have ever seen in my life."

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I saw Felliniesque at the Glendora show late June. It was BDs first show in SoCal that year so everyone was excited. There was this super nice couple, probably in their 50's that was in Chambersburg PA the night before where Bluecoats had performed. They was raving about Tilt, and how all of us was going to be blown away when we saw it, gold medal show, etc. Then BD performs few hours later.........when they finished blowing the house down, the couple just shook their heads in amazement and said the season is officially over, no show on earth including Tilt was beating Felliniesque. They said their goodbyes to all of us and left. Crazy part was BD had went on before SCV that night. They didn't even stay for Vanguard!

I went to my first DCI show in 1986 at the age of nine. I have seen some amazing performances over the years from numerous corps SCV 89, Cavies 02, Cadets 05, and Phantom 08 just to name a few. But Felliniesque is the only show that had just about everyone in the crowd saying the same thing........"That was the greatest performance I have ever seen in my life."

I saw it first in Metamora, Illinois.  It got my standard line:  “Ain’t nobody beating that”.  It’s Jim’s favorite show ever.  I can’t pick favorites.  I love too many but Fellinesque is in my very favorites. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

yup. first time since 07 i didn't feel I needed LSD to get it

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just getting caught up on some show announcements. I love the inspiration for this show, and can't wait to see how it develops.

"Nighthawks" is great, but "Automat" is my favorite Hopper painting. 

I use it when covering modernist/existential elements of The Great Gatsby with my students. 

automat__by_edward_hopper___copy_by_aqua

• Like 1