Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

4 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

So we come back to mingusmonk's question,  Where are the examples of "chipping away" at Bluecoats' lead? 

In the case of Boston, starting at 3 points behind, as close as 1.6 back, and currently 2.6 back, to me, is chipping away.  Any stone statue that's fairly large was not built in several weeks.  Boston has time to keep gaining on the corps scoring higher than them, as do all corps.  Whether corps have the shows, talent, and staff to get real close or pass corps ahead of themselves is another story.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

In the case of Boston, starting at 3 points behind, as close as 1.6 back, and currently 2.6 back, to me, is chipping away.  Any stone statue that's fairly large was not built in several weeks.  Boston has time to keep gaining on the corps scoring higher than them, as do all corps.  Whether corps have the shows, talent, and staff to get real close or pass corps ahead of themselves is another story.

I agree and said so in my post.  Boston is making some progress.  The only concern about when the scored only 1.6 behind Bluecoats, it was in an event that did not have Crown.  

• Thanks 1

Here it is visually.  

vs Boston - Notable on July 3rd is that Crown was not present.

sO3tNSw.png

vs Crown

ikQgIU2.png

vs Cadets

kNIT0Ua.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The spreads appear to be more or less consistent with time. I would note that as corps become more refined, and scores get closer to 100, the natural tendency will be for the spreads to shrink. The fact that the spreads are remaining steady signifies that the trailing corps are actually further behind than appears at first glance; they must not only overcome the gap, but also the momentum.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Similar thoughts from Jeff R. the other day.

and with tweaks coming, newer stuff may be worked on in the day, but not rolled out yet at night....which leads to whats out there at night getting stale from not being worked.

3 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

I agree and said so in my post.  Boston is making some progress.  The only concern about when the scored only 1.6 behind Bluecoats, it was in an event that did not have Crown.  

And no brass caption score.

• Like 1

In a super weird coincidence, am in Minneapolis this weekend and randomly ran into former center snare Kyle Tsuchiya - accosted him (not sure he gets a lot of that) and told him to help out the current perc crew. He just laughed. What a random occurrence.