The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

9 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Oh im very sure..,lol

Are you pessimistic that DCI will make the grave mistake and allow people like George Hopkins who have done horrific things back into the activity in the future ? You even led DCP readers above even the possibility that the DCI door is not future closed to George Hopkins himself. You stated above " don't be so sure " on that. Are you serious with this ? Really ?  We assume you are. I'd say the chances that George Hopkins is allowed back into DCI in the future as slim to none. And Slim just left town. But if you are telling us " don't be so sure of this "... well, ok... but... Not happenin. Guardling.  He overstayed his first visit to DCI by about 35 years. Not in the next 35 years will he return to DCI. Am I sure on this ? Well about as sure as it will future snow in the Italian Alps, anyway.

Edited by BRASSO

50 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

naw not really....but I'm ok with that too...lol

Actually, I have seen many dozens of times people getting themselves back into the activity even after horrific things and welcomed back with open arms,....quietly at first of course.

Not saying it will happen in this case  strange things HAVE happened in the past

I have seen this too. Quiet promotions to non-teaching jobs temporarily. Back room "resignations" to keep the perpetror's name and/or family from being tarnished, etc. The machinations that allow for people to keep creeping back in. But in the context of current national cultural and social developments of the last few years, I'm not sure it is fair to use those now-dated examples.

The responses that you are replying to are reference GH's power and influence today. And I agree them that ... today ... it is gone. And given the progress of this subject in current times, if anybody can be considered eradicated from the activity, it will be him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Are you pessimistic that DCI will make the grave mistake and allow people like George Hopkins who have done horrific things back into the activity in the future ? You even led DCP readers above even the possibility that the DCI door is not future closed to George Hopkins himself. You stated above " don't be so sure " on that. Are you serious with this ? Really ?  We assume you are. I'd say the chances that George Hopkins is allowed back into DCI in the future as slim to none. And Slim just left town. But if you are telling us " don't be so sure of this "... well, ok... but... Not happenin. Guardling.  He overstayed his first visit to DCI by about 35 years. Not in the next 35 years will he return to DCI. Am I sure on this ? Well about as sure as it will future snow in the Italian Alps, anyway.

If you think I'm going down this road with you that would be a NO!

Maybe read my entire post it's only 2 lines

I said:

dont be so sure of that...maybe not Hop

There have been nationally exposed things in the past. Maybe it MIGHT be differnt now. That would be a good thing

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

One good thing did come out of this whole ordeal...we don't have to worry about the Woodwind Takeover now. 

Don't be so sure of that.

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

I have seen this too. Quiet promotions to non-teaching jobs temporarily. Back room "resignations" to keep the perpetror's name and/or family from being tarnished, etc. The machinations that allow for people to keep creeping back in. But in the context of current national cultural and social developments of the last few years, I'm not sure it is fair to use those now-dated examples.

The responses that you are replying to are reference GH's power and influence today. And I agree them that ... today ... it is gone. And given the progress of this subject in current times, if anybody can be considered eradicated from the activity, it will be him.

thanks for a civil response:smile:   ....You are very right about today's climate and as I said it would be a good thing if this all changes  Your 1st lines are  correct and not just from bitd but recent times

Agree also about " HIM " which I said a few posts back 

Edited by GUARDLING

3 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

Whatever power he once had has been completely neutralized. He doesn't come back from this. He's done. For good. No more drum corps, no more marching band, no more youth programs. He is DONE. .

Of course. Its not even a " maybe " either. He'd done. As it should be. 11 is a number thats not a " maybe " he didn't do this stuff either. .

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

naw not really....but I'm ok with that too...lol

Actually, I have seen many dozens of times people getting themselves back into the activity even after horrific things and welcomed back with open arms,....quietly at first of course.

Not saying it will happen in this case  strange things HAVE happened in the past

Well. maybe if you knew about these " horrific things " these " dozens " did, you should have spoken up loud and clear back then. Did you ? If not, why not ?. If so, to whom ? It is afterall, YOU that is bringing this up today. So, help us understand more fully, who, what, and when, were these " dozen " of sexual predators allegedly " welcomed back with open arms " by DCI Corps in the past, and what role you played in the knowledge of the " horrific things " these dozens allegedly did

Edited by BRASSO

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Well. maybe if you knew about these " horrific things " these " dozens " did, you should have spoken up loud and clear back then. Did you ?

nice spin.. You work for Fox?  there are many things well known in the activity that has happened with people,.,,. This is only 1 of many other things. What I do, did or will do is no of your business. If you are as informed as you claim you would know..thanks for playing, now be off with you.I said I'm not playing... Maybe Garfield is ready for another round or Corpsband..lol

Ask Mingusmonk, they also said they have seen things too. Or are you just saving your obvious charms just for certain people on line

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

cough cough Capitalaires cough cough

Don’t get me started.  10 years later, back in Drum Corps.   Everyone knew but didn’t do diddly about it.   Those who spoke up about it were threatened and/or ignored.  Which is why people hesitate to come forward.  

No one wants to get me started on that story. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don’t get me started.  10 years later, back in Drum Corps.   Everyone knew but didn’t do diddly about it.    No one wants to get me started on that story. 

my point EXACTLY..THANKS Terri

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1